Disney Series #10 - The Rides On My List - Magic Kingdom: Revisited


Popcorn, bucket, Disney World, Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Rides, Lifestyle
Before I headed off on my Disney adventure this summer I popped a post up on the blog about the rides that I hoped to do in Magic Kingdom when I got there - read it here. I thought it would be good to look back at it and see what I actually went on compared to what I wanted to originally.

Planned To Go On: It's A Small World
Achieved? Yes! This was the first ride that we did in Magic Kingdom as the park opened and I loved every second of it. For me it never gets old!

Planned To Go On: Splash Mountain
Achieved? Yes! I faced my fear and went on Splash Mountain. I loved every second of it I have to say I would happily go on it again with my mum!

Planned To Go On: Pirates Of The Caribbean
Achieved? Yes!! We went on this twice. This is one of my all time favourite rides in Magic Kingdom! I could go on this ride multiple times over and over! It never gets old and I love how it is themed.

Planned To Go On: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Achieved: Unfortunately not. We had a fast pass for this on our first day in MK but we were to zapped by the heat to make it to the time. The next time we went our fast pass was cancelled due to thunderstorms - the universe just didn't want us to do it!

Planned To Go On: Haunted Mansion
Achieved: Yes!! Again we managed to do this one twice. Once we stood in the heat to get on and the second time we went on it during the thunderstorm. There is something amazing about this ride, I love how it is in the dark and the ghosts play a huge part of it. Definitely a must at the parks!

Planned To Go On: Jungle Cruise
Achieved: No, again we didn't get a chance to make this happen and we decided to go on other rides opposed to this one. I do think when we go back - see how I don't say if - we will put this back on the list.

Out of the six original rides I had wanted to go on I managed four, which I am quite pleased with. We also did the following:

Peter Pan's Flight
If you want to go on this ride I would head there as soon as the park opens or during the fireworks display. This ride never dipped below a 50minute wait when I was there - even at night. It may be short but it is such a wonderful ride that took me back to my childhood!

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
This was a great show! It gives you a wee break from the heat and lets you sit down. The public can text in jokes for Mike to use and he also incorporates the audience. It really was something I enjoyed far more than I thought I would.

The PeopleMover
This is a Magic Kingdom institution. You sit in a car and go round Tomorrowland in an emission free vehicle. It takes ten minutes and allows you a unique view into some of the rides such as Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.

Under The Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid
We had to do this ride as my parents thought I had made it up when I took them to meet Ariel by accident. Sitting in a clamshell going through the story of The Little Mermaid - what could be better!


All in all I think we did well despite the fact it was incredibly hot everyday we were there. I think when we go back I will have a different game plan and I am hoping to stay on property to make use of the extra magic hours!

What rides would you go on?

Where magic comes to life...


No comments:

Post a Comment