Blogtober - My Thoughts


blogtober, lifestyle, thoughts, blogging

Hello it's been a few days since my last post on here - 9 days to be exact - and that was because I felt like I needed a little rest after blogtober ended. Once it finished I had a few thoughts about the process and things I learnt throughout the month that I wanted to share with you.


It's Better To Be Organised
Something I am not terribly good at when it comes to my blog is being organised. I realised this more than ever when doing blogtober. I never really knew what I was posting until the night before and the photographs were spur of the minute too. Now don't get me wrong, I kind of love my content being that way but when you are planning on putting up 31 posts in 31 days a little bit of forward planning would be a good idea!

I Am Not Good At 'Themed' Content
Blogtober should really have an autumnal feel to the content - I suck at this! I am so bad at sticking to themes whether that be through blog posts or Instagram or anywhere else where themes matter. For me, I just want to post the content that makes me happy and that's what I did throughout all of last month.

It's Easy To Lose Track
This sounds very silly but it is true. There were moments where I was checking my scheduled tweets and I had put the wrong days in the tweets saying have you seen blogtober day 20 when it was meant to be day 22. I nearly lost my mind!

It Motivated Me
This one is very true. I hadn't been a consistent blogger for so long and there is nobody to blame for that bar myself. I just lost track of what was fun about it and once I decided I was coming back I knew I had to do something to keep me motivated. Blogtober was something I had tried before and failed at so I knew I would never let myself fail twice!

Hard Work Pays Off
I always knew that being consistent would drive more traffic to my blog but it wasn't until I saw the analytics for myself that I really saw how much the hard work paid off. My traffic more than doubled for a month of daily posting compared to the highest views I had in any other month before. It was a great eye opener to what I can achieve when I put my mind to it!

Perfect Doesn't Exist
We all know that there is no such thing as perfect but when you need to get your blog posts up for the next day it really doesn't! There is no room to be fussy about a slight dull spot in a photograph or retake a whole set because one of them you aren't happy with. Those with more time than myself may be able to afford those luxuries but sadly I am not one of those people.

It Was Worth It All
Despite it being very tiring and definitely a challenge for me it was worth it all. I am so proud that I kept going and didn't give up. It's a small achievement for me and my little blog but it is one that I am very glad I did!

So there we have it. These are the thoughts I have had throughout blogtober.
Have you done blogtober?
What were your thoughts?

The best things in life aren't easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment