Blogtober #18 - NYX Butter Gloss


NYX, Make-Up, Beauty, Lip Gloss, Butter Gloss, Thoughts, Review
When I was picking up the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick I also noticed their range of butter glosses. Now I have been told my colleagues at work that I should pick these up to try them as they are amazing. I always shied away as I am usually not a lip gloss fan anymore - much prefer a matte lip. However, I thought when on holiday lets give things a go, so that's exactly what I did.

As I had never tried this product before I thought I would play it safe and pick up a neutral colour rather than something bold. My main reason for this was that I knew if I didn't like it then my mum probably would as she tends to top her lipsticks with lip gloss more than I do. The only thing is that she is into browns and nudes so picking up a red just wouldn't work if this became the case.

NYX, Make-Up, Beauty, Lip Gloss, Butter Gloss, Thoughts, Review

As you can see I ended up going for the shade Creme Brûlée. Now this is much more of a pinky nude than a brown toned nude. I was quite scared that when applied to the lips this would be too pink but I have to say it is very sheer. It applies in a lovely thin coat and gives the lips a lovely subtle hint of colour and makes them look glossy and gorgeous.

I first thought that this was quite a sticky formula but after wearing it a few times I have come to the conclusion that maybe I just apply too much, I have been known to be heavy handed. The slight tackiness wears off after application and it makes my lips feel lovely and soft.

NYX, Make-Up, Beauty, Lip Gloss, Butter Gloss, Thoughts, Review

I absolutely love the applicator of the NYX Butter Glosses. It is a fluffy doe foot applicator which applies the lip gloss in a very easy manor. I never find myself struggling with application and find that the fluffiness helps the product apply to the lips. Its softness means that the product glides on and there is no tugging to pulling. With the size being quite small I find that it practically reduces my tendency to get the product everywhere.

Overall I am more in love with the Butter Gloss than I ever thought I would be. As someone who normally never goes for any sort of gloss item I find myself throwing this on most mornings for a casual lip look to finish off a quick make-up to get my out the door.

It is comfortable to wear and lasts well throughout the day. I adore the scent and would highly recommend picking this up - I know I want more shades now!

Have you tried the NYX Butter Gloss?
What do you think?

A change is as good as a rest....


No comments:

Post a Comment