Blogtober #2 - Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara - Review


Beauty, Make-Up. Review, Covergirl, Mascara, Peacock Flare

It's time to take a look at another item that I brought back from the USA - I hope you have already seen the foundation and eyeliner posts I have put up over the past few weeks.  This time we are looking at the Covergirl Peacock Flare Waterproof Mascara.

I feel that I should start this post by saying that I don't normally go for waterproof mascara. I don't have oily eyelids or skin in general so don't usually have an issue with transfer or anything like that. Also, if I am being brutally honest with you all, I hate removing waterproof mascara, it takes so long and I'm just not about that life.

That being said, it seems that the Floridian heat and the sheer overwhelming size of the Walmart superstore I was in saw me take leave of my senses and pick up just that, a waterproof mascara! I know, there was clearly something wrong with me but alas, I have spent the money so I thought I would review it here!


What Is The Packaging Like?
Well I think it's safe to say that the packaging is gorgeous. The mascara is housed in a beautiful metallic blue tube that has a black striped pattern on it. It's not like a traditional tube in the fact that it is flat on top and on the bottom, which does make it easier to open and close.

I can't lie to you all it was the packaging that drew me in when I was walking up and down the Walmart aisles trying to decide what to spend my hard earned dollars on. The colour of the tube caught my eye and even though it is the dreaded waterproof formula, I had to have it!

What ever happened to judging a book by its cover eh?

What Is The Wand Like?
The wand is quite small and has plastic bristles which is not my preference but something I can put up with. According to the Covergirl website the fan like brush is meant to catch, coat and separate each lash. I feel that the brush probably isn't big enough to catch every one of my eyelashes and the fan shape can make it quite tricky to pull through the lashes. It's definitely not the worst mascara brush I have used but I think I am a fan of a brush wand rather than plastic bristles.

Beauty, Make-Up. Review, Covergirl, Mascara, Peacock Flare

What Is The Product Like?
I was quite excited to try out the mascara after reading about it and what it was designed to do. For any of you that are new around here, I am quite a fan of delicate fluttery eyelashes that are very very black. I am not a fan of thick formulas or clumpy looking lashes.

So when I read what Covergirl have to say about this product I was very very excited. On their website it says:

"Our Peacock Flare Mascara features a feather-fan wand designed to catch, coat and separate each and every lash. Lashes will have full on length and definition with this volumizing mascara. "

It's so hard to write reviews about products that you don't 100% love but I would never pretend to love something if I don't. I would have to say that I feel very lukewarm about what this mascara can do. I feel that it doesn't coat every lash with a good amount of product. The wand feels too small to be able to cover the lashes properly and I find myself applying quite a few layers to get the desired colour. With quite a bit of time and effort I feel that the lashes look quite separated and lengthened - although length for me is hard to decide upon as I have naturally very long eyelashes.

My biggest thing about this mascara is how hard it is to get off. I know that waterproof mascara is harder to remove as it's designed not too budge but some nights I am too tired to go through a big process and just want to sweep a cotton pad over my eyes with some micellar water and for the product to disappear. That is not the case! It takes about 15minutes and my eyelashes never truly feel clean - seems like too much hassle for a simple girl like me!

Would I Repurchase?
Honestly, I really don't think I would. It's not a bad product per say but I do think that my dislike for waterproof mascara and how long you have to work with it to get the desired affect takes away from the overall item. I have plenty of other mascaras in my collection that do an even better job and can be applied in next to no time!


Have you tried this mascara? 
What do you think?

Trying new things can be a good thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment