Milani Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer - Review

Milani, Foundation, Conceal and Perfect, 2 in 1, Review


As I said in my NYX Epic Ink Liner review I did pick up a few things when I was in Orlando. One of these was the Milani Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer - well that's a mouthful isn't it!

The main reason I picked this foundation up was that it made quite a few claims, with the one's that interested me the most being long lasting and waterproof. When I was walking round the Disney parks I obviously wanted to wear make-up for the photographs but it being 38degrees meant that my foundation just slid off my face - gorgeous I know. So when I saw this foundation I thought it was the perfect conditions to give it a try.

What is it?
This is a foundation which has been marketed as a two in one product. It claims to not only be a high coverage foundation but also a long lasting concealer. Now in the interest of being completely honest, I have never really understood foundations that are also concealers. 

I tend to wear under eye concealer more than anything and I like it to be brighter than my foundation so that I appear awake and not like the permanently exhausted pigeon I seem to be slowly morphing into. With that in mind I feel that it's best that I review the product as what I used it for and that is a foundation, not really commenting on the concealer properties.

This product claims to be long lasting, waterproof and that it will create a matte flawless coverage on the skin with one layer.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it!


Milani, Foundation, Conceal and Perfect, 2 in 1, Review


Packaging
I really like the packaging of this concealer. It is actually one of the first things that drew me to it more than anything. It comes in a sleek glass bottle with a black lid and the black continues down the bottle and fades away so you can see the colour of the foundation itself.

The pump is a unique shape and it appears to have been designed to comfortably fit the shape of your finger and make getting the product out more easy and reduce waste. I really like it and for me it adds to the beauty of the packaging.

Milani, Foundation, Conceal and Perfect, 2 in 1, Review


What is the Product Like?
Now onto the important part of this review - the product itself. From the first moment I put this foundation on my skin I really liked it. I found it easy to blend and it created a flawless look on my skin. 

I tend to apply this foundation with a beauty sponge and for me this seems to give the best coverage. I am not overly fond of the finish you get with a make-up brush so haven't been using it with that but I can recommend sponge application for a seamless finish.

With regards to creating matte flawless coverage with one layer, yes I do have to agree. I never felt that I needed to pile this foundation on. It seems that with around a pump and a half you can have beautiful medium to full coverage which is just what I like.

Now the big question is whether or not this is really waterproof. I can't lie I gave this foundation such a difficult test by wearing it through the hottest parts of the day whilst I was walking around in the parks. It did however, do very well. It did fade away a little but that was usually in those areas around my glasses where I would be touching my face more throughout the day. Where it did fade, it did so evenly and didn't leave me with streaks or patches missing. Unless you were up very close to my face it would have been hard to tell that my foundation was wearing off.

Milani, Foundation, Conceal and Perfect, 2 in 1, Review



Would I Repurchase?
I think it's safe to say that this will never replace my holy grail Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation but I do think that it has found a permanent home in my collection. I like how it makes my skin look and it's not too expensive - I found it on Beauty Bay for £13. I feel like my bottle may last a while which makes it even more worth the money.


What are your feelings on waterproof foundation?
Have you tried this Milani one?

Leave me a comment below so we can have a little chat!

So many products... so little time!


No comments:

Post a Comment