NYX Epic Ink Eyeliner - Review


Make-up, Beauty, Eyeliner, NYX, Epic Ink Liner, Black, Liquid Liner

First off, how exciting is it that I have finally decided to pop something beauty related up on the blog!! It's been around four months since I felt the urge to tell you about something remotely related to beauty and I think it's because I have just fallen into a comfortable routine of using the same things I love continuously. 

However, I think it would have been very unrealistic to think that I could go to America and not come back with a few beauty bits. Seems rather ludicrous doesn't it? Well do not fear, I gave into my baser instincts and found myself walking up and down the make-up aisles at our local Walmart Superstore.

On a side note - holy hell, how amazing is Walmart. It's like Asda but on steroids. I could write for hours about the place but lets be honest, that probably wouldn't be worth reading - or would it? (Let me know if that would be up your street)

Anyway, I digress, shall we get back to the reason we have all come here today - make-up!! I did pick up a few things but there is one product that stands out the most for me out of them all! That would be what I have been dying to tell you about the most and it is the NYX Epic Ink Eyeliner.

I genuinely have not been as impressed with a product in a very long time! No, really I haven't! I find myself reaching for it every single time I do my make-up. I used to think that I was in love with Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner but being truthfully honest with you all, it doesn't even get a look in these days!!

So I think it's about time I review this little item and let you all know why I have fallen so deeply and madly in love.

Make-up, Beauty, Eyeliner, NYX, Epic Ink Liner, Black, Liquid Liner


What Is It?
Well in a rather basic nutshell it is a liquid eyeliner in a felt tip pen style. We have seen lots of these around and everyone seems to have their preferred choice. For a long time mine was the aforementioned Soap & Glory. I have now ended my love affair with that particular product and moved on to this.

It has been described on the NYX website as:

Featuring a slender and supple brush tip, this intensely pigmented, waterproof pen lets you achieve black liquid lines effortlessly. Every stroke is unbelievably fluid for a defined finish. Control the thickness of your lines by pressing down just a touch. Fine and natural, broad and bold—the look is always up to you! "


Packaging
As you can see from the photographs it comes in a sleek pen like design with very simple graphics. I think it is striking and it did catch my eye on the NYX stand. It doesn't feel bulky when holding it in your hand and I find that it sits comfortably enough to be able to achieve both thin and thick lines on the top of the lids.

Easy To Use?
Without a doubt I have to say that this product is very easy to use. I am always doing my make-up around 7:30am thanks to having to travel to my place of work and I have never struggled to do a lovely winged look since I got this product. It lends itself quite well to this particular style and doesn't look to over the top - unless of course that is what you are going for!


Make-up, Beauty, Eyeliner, NYX, Epic Ink Liner, Black, Liquid Liner

What is The Product Like?
It is extremely pigmented - which I love. I love my eyeliner to be really really really black - were there too many really's there? This definitely hits the mark for me. It's out and out black and is very pigmented so doesn't leave that hazy shadow were parts can sometimes look grey.

The nib is more like a brush than a pen which allows for a more continuous flow of product. I tend to do my wing in two stages the initial outline followed by filling it it and perfecting the shape. The brush helps achieve this with ease as it's more like painting and it doesn't pull on the lid at all.

With regards to its staying power I can say that I was wearing this on my return flight from Orlando. I had my make-up on for over 24hours before I looked at myself in the mirror and not only had it not budged it also hadn't bled, faded or done anything but remain perfect. To me that is an out and out winner.

Would I Repurchase?
I think by now you have may have worked out the answer to this one but yes a million times over, I would definitely repurchase this eyeliner. I would recommend this for anyone who struggles with getting their wings to look great. It does all the hard work for you and there isn't a lot that can go wrong with it. It's just an awesome product.

It doesn't have a bad UK price point either at £9... seems a little pricy I know but for the quality of the product you are getting I think it is well worth paying for. I have been using this product everyday for at least 3 weeks now and it is performing as well as it did on day one!


Make-up, Beauty, Eyeliner, NYX, Epic Ink Liner, Black, Liquid Liner

All in all I could not be anymore in love with this product that I currently am. It does everything it says it will and it does it to a very high standard. It makes my little heart sing with delight!

Have you tried this eyeliner?
What do you think of it?

Nothing beats a good wing...

No comments:

Post a Comment