Blogtober #26 - Kiko Unforgettable Mascara


Kiko, mascara, beauty, review, products
Quite a few months ago when I was doing some shopping in Belfast I came across the Kiko store. I had been told by my manager at work that I needed to try their mascara and if I found myself in their store then I needed to pick one up. So this is what I did!

After a chat with the lovely girl in the store we decided that for the kind of fluttery eyelash look the I like then the Unforgettable Mascara would be the one for me.

The first thing I noticed about this product is the packaging - lets be honest it is hard to miss. It comes in a silver tube, which is pretty rough to the touch. It's not uncomfortable to hold, it's just not my favourite texture to have on a product. 

The wand of this product is being marketed as 'anatomical'. The idea of the wand is that is curves the natural shape of the lash line to help define and separate each lash, creating a beautiful defined look. The bristles of this brush are quite thick and it is a brush rather than being one of the plastic wands, which I have mentioned before in my Covergirl Mascara post, that I am not too fond of.

Kiko, mascara, beauty, review, products

I do quite like using this wand. I have found it quite hard to get to grips with the shape at the start and would rather use the outside of the curve rather than the inside and I tend to pull it through my lashes quite slowly so as to coat each lash from root to tip. I do find that it does give me quite a defined look.

The product itself is very wet and I do find that if I blink to quickly after application, I tend to put mascara all over my face. I did wear this mascara when I was in Florida and didn't find that it ran when I was sweating away in the heat or anything. I have found that once it is applied it doesn't seem to budge despite it not being a waterproof formula. It doesn't clump on the lashes, which I love and once dried it doesn't feel to crunchy or crispy, which is another aspect which I find rather pleasing!

Another great quality of this mascara is that it is very easy to remove. I find that with a quick wipe of an eye make-up remover or micellar water the mascara is removed relatively quickly. I like to repeat the process multiple times to ensure I have it all removed but I have never woken up the next morning and found that I still have black eyes.

Overall I really do love this mascara. It cost £7.20 and I find myself reaching for it nearly everyday. It has become a staple in my make-up bag and I find myself wondering what I used to wear everyday before it arrived.

Have you tried this mascara before?

You can never have too many mascaras... or can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment