Blogtober #13 - NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick


NYX, Cosmetics, Beauty, Lip Lingerie, Review, Products

Time for another beauty post - I know what is going on, none for ages and then they become a regular thing! Today is another product I picked up in USA but I could have gotten right here at home. Before we get into this post have you seen my last beauty post? Now we've gone over that lets look at the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick

I have always heard so many things about the NYX Lip Lingerie products but I have never picked them up. I seem to have grown quite a collection of liquid lipsticks and I have quickly fallen out of love with them. I keep falling into stages where I just don't want to wear anything on my lips.

When I do decide to wear something it never seems to be anything other than nude - which is quite a shock as I used to never be seen without a red lip. When I saw the Lip Lingerie range on the NYX stand in Walmart I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give one a go. So I did and of course it's in a nude shade - Baby Doll to be exact!

Packaging
This liquid lipstick comes in a long tube which is clear so you can see the colour of the product underneath. I find this very helpful as it helps me pick the colour I want more easily. The wand is attached to a fairly long lid which can sometimes make application more difficult but overall I think this liquid lipstick has lovely sleek packaging which makes you think it would be more expensive than it is.

NYX, Cosmetics, Beauty, Lip Lingerie, Review, Products

The Product
As I have mentioned before I have dramatically fallen out of love with liquid lipsticks - it's not really that dramatic I have just stopped wearing them! This put this product under a lot of pressure, it had a huge task making me believe it was worth wearing on a regular basis. 

According to the NYX website this product is: " weightless liquid lipstick with a plush matte finish "

This made me quite excited. I love matte finish lip products but hate when they feel heavy and tight on the lips. I like something comfortable - like the comfort matte lipsticks from Urban Decay. The idea of being weightless intrigued me and I couldn't wait to try it on.

When the moment finally arrived for me to put the product on my lips I can't lie I was very pleasantly surprised. The product felt very soft and creamy when I was applying it. It applied in a thin layer and didn't feel heavy if I built up the colour with a little extra product. Even when it dried it still felt nice and light and I was able to endure an 8.5hour flight whilst wearing this liquid lipstick and it never felt uncomfortable.

I do want to say that recently I have started wearing this product with a lip liner and it does feel a little bit heavier with a lip liner but not too the point of discomfort as other liquid lipsticks have been. 

NYX, Cosmetics, Beauty, Lip Lingerie, Review, Products

The Wand
The wand for the NYX Lip Lingerie is quite similar, yet quite different to what I have experienced before with liquid lipsticks. It is quite long - fairly similar to the Barry M liquid lipstick wands - but unlike the long wands I have experienced before it is very easy to use. I have found that I can put my liquid lipstick on and get out the door quite quickly and no mistakes made - unless I concentrate too hard then it all goes badly wrong!

Overall I am very impressed with the NYX Lip Lingerie. I would be quite keen to pick them up in various colours and build quite a big collection of them. They don't irritate me when on my lips and I don't find myself trying to take it off in the middle of the day. I would recommend you give this a go if you haven't.

Have you tried the NYX Lip Lingerie range?
What did you think?

A seductive lipstick.... who would have thought!



No comments:

Post a Comment