Blogtober #6 - Covergirl TruBlend Foundation - First Impressions!


Foundation, Covergirl, Make-Up, Beauty, Review, Products

So it seems that I am quite the sucker for foundations. This is the second foundation post I have put up in a week about a product I picked up when I was in Florida. Last week I was talking about the Milani foundation. This week it's the Covergirl TruBlend foundation.

I was quite keen to try the Covergirl range when I was in the states which is why I picked up a foundation and a mascara from the range as those are two key products to me and if they aren't right then I am not usually too keen on the rest of the brands offerings.


Packaging
The packaging of this foundation is very simple yet very effective. It comes in a heavy glass bottle with a white lid - which looks very pretty but is a nightmare to keep clean and if you are anything like me having a dirty foundation bottle will drive you insane. Since bringing it home I have had few issues with the pump sticking but I am not sure if that's the design of the bottle or simply just how it held up through the flight home, a little bit of further digging into this problem will be required I feel! One of the main things that I do like about the packaging is, how the pump locks when you twist it so you cannot accidentally waste any product. 


What Is The Product Like?
The first day I tried this product out was the day I travelled back from America to Northern Ireland which was over 8 and half hours in the air. This also included a 5 hour wait at the airport as we got there around 3pm. So there was plenty of time for me to test how well this foundation would where on the skin.

When I first applied the foundation to my face and neck I immediately noted how sheer it was in consistency. This straight away made me feel a little unsure of how much I was ultimately going to like this product. I tend to lean for quite full coverage foundations as I like the kind of coverage where you cannot see my natural skin, so this was quite a change for me. 

I did find that this was a lovely match for my skin colour and did not oxidise when on the skin which was lovely. It blended into the skin really nicely but even after building up a few layers it never fully covered my face completely. It is a very light to medium coverage and if you like being able to see your skin through your foundation - I could see my freckles - then you will like this. If left the foundation has quite a silky finish but I finished it off with some pressed powder. This didn't unsettle the foundation at all which was very pleasing!

Throughout the day I decided that the foundation could do with being topped up but I only did this once and that was before boarding the flight. I do have to say thought, it was wearing quite well on the skin and did not come off in patches which was nice to see. Even at the end of the day my skin didn't look too bad it was mostly gone where I had been rubbing at my face or round where my glasses had been pushed on and off my face.

Would I Repurchase?
I don't think I would repurchase this product but not because it isn't good quality or bad at what it is designed to do, it just simply isn't to my taste. I have always tended to prefer a foundation that gives a full coverage on the skin. That being said I do like how this foundation wears on the skin and how well it blends. It doesn't take long which is perfect for early mornings. I also find that it mixes well with other foundations I have so I am still using it. 

If you like lighter coverage foundations that have a silky finish then this is definitely a good one to try and for $5.99 I would certainly throw it in my basket again to have as a back up in my collection.


Have you tried this foundation?
What do you think of it?

You can never have too many foundations..... can you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment