Blogtober #19 - Seeing Yourself Through Someone Else's Eyes


Lifestyle, Thought, Self Love, Self Care, Mindfulness

Today a thought went through my head and I had the idea that it could make a good post. I want to warn you now that this is going to be a wordy life thought post so if that isn't the kind of thing you like to read them come back tomorrow for another kind of post.

So what is this thought I hear you ask, well it's quite simple actually. Something hit me tonight when I met up with my best friend to go to an exercise class - yes I am exercising again how amazing is that - and I realised that if we all looked at ourselves through the eyes of someone we love we might not be so hard on ourselves.

I'm not sure if that makes as much sense out loud as it did in my head but let me try and explain. I had removed my make-up before heading to the gym tonight and when I met my best friend she never remarked on the fact. That got me thinking, she loves me for who I am not what I look like. She loves me for me not the clothes I wear or the make-up on my face. It made me think that if we all took the time to love ourselves even half as much as the people we love, love us, then we all might be in a better place mentally.

Sometimes you need to stop and think how the people around you see you. I know that I get obsessed with how I look sometimes. I always get at myself for not trying harder to lose weight or for having a perfect manicure but at the end of the day has that ever stopped anyone from being there for me? Realistically if you think about it would your friends or family not come to you for advice, or be there to offer you advice because of something so silly as your nails not being perfect?

We live in an age where we feel so pressured to be better than ordinary, to push our boundaries, to perfect our looks - even if that means injecting our faces with chemicals. We are all being subjected to constant streams of beautiful people - who have probably been photoshopped - and it's not good for our health and wellbeing. 

Something clicked with me tonight and it's that the happiest moments in my life are not remembered because I looked fantastic, or had perfect make-up or hair, it was because the people I was with love me and I love them. We make each others lives better because of what we have inside and how we treat them. 

Learn to love yourself like those who love you do! They love you for the fact you are simply amazing not because you look simply amazing. Looking good is an added bonus to making you feel good but always remember those who truly love you see through it all anyway. They love you for your kind heart and soul!

Have you ever thought about how others see you?

Learn to love who you are from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment