Blogtober #9 - Wet & Wild Photofocus Face Primer


Wet N Wild, Beauty, Primer, Products, Review, Make-Up, First Impressions

Continuing on with the theme of products I purchased when I was in Florida - see previous posts here, herehere or here. Todays product is going to be the Wet N Wild Photofocus Face Primer.

Face primers are a bit of a strange product for me. I know the many reasons why I should use them but I always seem to skip the step when applying my foundation. I'm putting this down to not having found one that I have truly fallen in love.

This means that the quest for the true love product continues and when I spotted this little gem in the aisles of Walmart I thought I would pop it in my basket and give it a go.

Packaging
The Photofocus Face Primer comes in a small black tube with white writing on it. I say small as it's 25ml which is smaller than most face make-up products as they usually come in 30ml containers. Despite this I envisage the product lasting a fairly lengthy time due to not needing much to cover the skin. 

The tube itself is quite soft which makes it easier to get the product out. I do have a negative in that the product tends to fall down into the tube where it is unretrievable. I have taken to storing this item upside down inside a container I have for my everyday beauty products to avoid this happening and help me retain as much product as possible.


Wet N Wild, Beauty, Primer, Products, Review, Make-Up, First Impressions


Product
The product itself is white in colour and has quite a thin consistency. When applied to the skin it absorbs very easily and does not leave behind any kind of residue. It leaves the skin soft and smooth, which I find is perfect for applying foundation on top of. There does not appear to be any scent from this product and if there is, it is very subtly and not upsetting to the senses at all. 

This product is marketed as being matte and I have to agree with that claim. It definitely has an mattifying affect on the skin and does not leave any oiliness to disrupt the foundation application. The Wet N Wild website states that this foundation prevents "caking, creasing and smudging". I have not noticed any of these happening when I have been wearing this primer. I find that my foundation wears off very naturally but does not do so as quickly as it would if I wore it on its own.

I do think this primer works better with some foundations more than others. If a foundation is marketed as being full coverage and long lasting I don't think this is the primer to apply with it. This product is better suited to medium to full coverage foundations.


Would I Repurchase?
Overall I feel that I would repurchase this product. For the small price tag I feel that it is a product that works and doesn't require too much effort to do so. It makes my skin feel nice and stops my foundation from wearing off just as quickly. 

I definitely think that this is a good item to have in your make-up bag. You may not reach for it everyday but it does no harm to have waiting in the wings to save the day when required.

If you are looking for an inexpensive matt primer that works then you cannot go too far wrong with this offering from Wet N Wild.


Wet N Wild, Beauty, Primer, Products, Review, Make-Up, First Impressions


Have you tried this primer?
Do you like anything else from the Wet N Wild brand?

Everything starts with a good base....


No comments:

Post a Comment