Make-Up Monday - All About The Lip Gloss


Estee Lauder, Product, Make-Up, Lipgloss, Nude
Lip gloss is one of those strange things that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love the colours that they come in but I have to say that the other qualities that lipgloss has just begins to annoy me eventually.

All this has changed however, when in a gift set, I received two full size Estée Lauder Pure Colour Envy lip glosses. I was a bit hesitant about using them as I just get this unexplained icky feeling when I think about the sticky shiny gloss on my lips.

I finally dipped my toe in the water and tried the nude shade that I had in the set. It looks so beautiful in the tube that I just couldn't resist. There is a subtle shimmer in this gloss, that isn't chunky or over powering in any way.


Estee Lauder, Product, Make-Up, Lipgloss, Nude
The packaging of this lip gloss is utterly beautiful. There is a hint of Chanel running through it with the simple shiny black lid and the clear tube. The only writing is very neatly on the top of the lid and with a small sticker on the base. I love how discreet it all is and it is the perfect size not to get lost in the depths of my handbag.

This shade is called Discreet Nude and in every way it lives up to its name. When you apply this to the lips I have to say that it doesn't look out of place or too much. It gives your lips this beautiful sheen that add the perfect finish to any make-up look. I love how the shimmer catches the light and makes my lips look fuller.

Estee Lauder, Product, Make-Up, Lipgloss, Nude

My favourite part of this product is that it's not sticky in anyway. There is a slight tackiness to it but it's not so bad that my hair gets stuck in it or I cannot pull my lips apart. It wears very well throughout the day, even with eating and drinking. It really has the perfect formulation. 

Estee Lauder, Product, Make-Up, Lipgloss, Nude

My only problem - if you can even call it a problem - is that the applicator is quite awkward to use. As with the Sleek Matte Me liquid lipstick that I talk about here, the applicator isn't rounded at all. Instead, it is quite straight and at times I feel like I am getting more product outside my lips than on them. This is definitely an application that will take more time so don't be doing it in a hurry.

All in all I have fallen in love with this lip product and I am very glad that this was my first step back into the lip gloss world. I don't think I am quite ready to rush out and pick one up in every colour but this nude has become a staple in my collection.

Have you tried this lip gloss?  What is your opinion on lip gloss?


We always go back to the things we love


No comments:

Post a Comment