Blogtober #13 - My Thing With Purple Lipsticks


Purple, Lipsticks, Liquid, Matte, Beauty, Make-Up, Sleek, MUA

One thing about me is that I tend to take notions to try out new colours for lipsticks and my recent obsession is with ones that have a purple hint to them or are just out and out purple. I say lipsticks but the two that are my favourite are actually liquid lipsticks.

Sleek Matte Me - Fandango Purple
I have always wanted to try Sleek products but they aren't always as easy to get my hands on in Northern Ireland than some products. When I was visiting one of my best friends in Birmingham I came across one of the biggest Sleek stands I could have imagined seeing. 

I knew I wanted to pick up a few things but I just wasn't sure what. I ended up going for the cream contour pallette and this Sleek Matte Lip Cream. I was immediately drawn to the colour - I tend to go for reds and nude shades quite a lot but I thought I would change it up and go for the purple shades again.

What I love about this product is that it's not totally purple but it has hints of pink and red in there too. It looks great when on the lips and adds a depth that is suited beautifully to these Autumn months.

The one thing I don't like about this product is the applicator. Unlike most doe foot applicators it's straight, it doesn't curve at any point. The lack of curves makes it so difficult to neatly apply the product. I tend to get it all around my mouth and the staying power of this lip cream is unbelievable, it automatically stays put and is very hard to clean up. 

Overall I have to say that I really like this lip cream despite its drawbacks. I find it fun dipping my toe gently into the purple waters.

Purple, Lipsticks, Liquid, Matte, Beauty, Make-Up, Sleek, MUA


MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer - Kooky
This product is not so much dipping my toe but leaping straight into the water altogether. There are no undertones of anything but purples/blues with this colour. I do have to say though that, this is what makes me like it even more. 

This product comes from the MUA brand that can be found at Superdrug and I think it's an absolute bargain. Despite it's slightly cheaper price tag you don't lose any quality with the colour. The application can be tricky but not as tricky as the Sleek Lip Cream. I find that as this has a rounded doe foot I can fit round the shape of my lips much better without getting it everywhere. 

My one drawback with this lip cream is that it wears off the lips ridiculously badly. When I wear it out I have to keep checking to make sure that my lips haven't gone patchy. It is also pretty drying but this is something I can overlook because I really do like the colour.

It's not a colour for everybody and I would definitely put it in the vampy category more than anything else but I do think if you are wanting to step outside of your comfort zone a little then this is the perfect product to try.

Purple, Lipsticks, Liquid, Matte, Beauty, Make-Up, Sleek, MUA


So there we go, two of my favourite products that allow you to step outside the box when it comes to lip colours.

What colours do you like to experiment with?


It's always good to be a little different


No comments:

Post a Comment