Blogtober #8 - October Bullet Journal


Bullet Journal, October, Spread, Journal, New, Change

Okay, so I have a confession, my September bullet journal spread got sadly neglected but I have decided that I am going to make an effort with October. Yes I know I have said all of this before but I have changed up my layout again and this time I am far happier with it. It looks so neat and tidy!

Bullet Journal, October, Spread, Journal, New, Change

The first thing I have done is add a little pumpkin and ghost to the top of the monthly overview page. I thought that this would be appropriate as it's October - Halloween month - and I wanted to try and make my pages look a little more special and less clinical as the rest of them have looked.

Bullet Journal, October, Spread, Journal, New, Change

I have also gotten rid of the water tracker as this was something that I never really used. I think it's a good idea but I never actually put into it what I drank so it was wasted space. I thought it would be better to go back and put in a Brain Dump section as then I can put down the things that rattle around my brain and stress me out.

I then decided to change up my workout chart. The colour coded squares from last month worked but it didn't look right to me, I can't quite explain what wasn't right about it but I just didn't think it suited my needs properly. 

Bullet Journal, October, Spread, Journal, New, Change

I have stripped it back and gone very basic with it. I now write down in each day what exercise or workouts I have done and then put a tick beside it to show that I have done it. I think for me this will be a more comprehensive way of keeping track and I didn't need to fit a key into the page. I like the simplicity of it.

My daily logs have been annoying me since I began my Bullet Journal altogether. There was just something not right about them. They felt very squashed together and like the information couldn't be seen properly because of the way I had it laid out. I was watching Lily Pebbles on Snapchat, who is somebody I admire when it comes to organisation and creativity. She did her weekly spread over two pages but didn't include the weekends.

Bullet Journal, October, Spread, Journal, New, Change

I have decided to have quite large spaces for my days with Monday - Wednesday on one side and then Thursday - Sunday on the other. The only difference is that I have used one space for Saturday and Sunday and I think the overall effect is perfect. There is plenty of space for everything I could need to write and it all is kept nice and tidy.

Another difference is that I have done the whole month in one go which is something I don't usually do. I don't know why I have never done it all in one go, I think it was laziness on my behalf but now that I have I am very happy and it is encouraging me to keep putting things in for the month. 

I am very happy with this month's spread and if it works I think I am going to keep it going through November and December. I also have ideas for creativity and new pages to add in for the coming months.

What are your ideas for bullet journal spreads? Have you done any that I can take a look at - link them to me in the comments :)


Always changing to keep me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment