Blogtober #15 - Motivation, Please Come Back!


Motivation, Life, Lifestyle, Tips, Inspiration, Feelings, Personal

Motivation - it's one of those things that comes and goes as it pleases! It annoys me so much that there can be days where I just cannot find the motivation to do anything but sleep. I find that going through a few simple steps can help to get the juices flowing and make me want to get back to the things I know I want to do.

Step away from your routine
For me one of the best things, is to step away - the best you can - from your everyday routine. I know that my routine of work, eat, sleep, repeat can get very tedious and it makes me freak out in my head because I am too tired for anything else. For me, taking some time to breath in the air in a walk, or even going to the gym as I do now, can really help to keep my weeks feeling fresh.

Stop worrying about it
This is one that I need to take my own advice on but I have to say I do believe that just relaxing and to stop worrying about where the motivation has gone can really make a difference. It's not something that is lost forever, your brain is just feeling overwhelmed. It will come back and there is no need to worry about it,

Chat to your friends/family
Chat to those around you about how you are feeling. It can be so reassuring to hear their thoughts about what's going on inside your head. You never know they might have some advice of their own. You won't be alone in what you are feeling so it's only natural they will have some advice for you.

Have a digital detox
I am definitely not one to be spouting advice about putting away the technology as I am glued to mine on a regular basis but I have to say that stepping away from the social world for a few hours can really help. The 21st century world can put unnecessary pressure on us and make us feel incredibly anxious. I think it's important to put all that aside and focus on what's really going on around us for a few hours at least.

Jot down how you feel
Whether it be on a scrap bit of paper that you throw away or in a journal, writing down your thoughts and feelings can help anybody get to grips with what's whirling around their head. You never know in among all those feelings you might find where your motivation went.

I hope that these points can help you take a step back and find your motivation - wherever it went.

What are your tips for motivating yourself?

It's out there somewhere we just have to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment