Blogtober #3 - Products I'm Currently Trying Out


Beauty,Make-Up, Products, Mascara, Eyebrows, Eyeliner, New, Trying Out
There is nothing I love more than going out and picking up lots of products that I can try out and integrate into my everyday make-up routine. During my most recent shopping spree I picked up three items in particular which I am enjoying putting in my make-up organiser for my most reached for pieces.

As somebody who has been using shadow in her brows for as long as I can remember in my beauty routine, it was a big thing for me to swap it our for something else. I have seen this on the Soap & Glory stand many times and decided finally that I would pick it up and give it a go. Despite being a blonde I picked this up in the shade 'Brownie Points'.

Soap & Glory, Brow Pencil, Archery, Make-Up, Beauty, Testing

When I first got a proper look at this product it struck me how much the end you are meant to use first reminded me of a fine liner felt tip pen, that I used to use in school. You are advised to use this end to fill in any gaps and add fullness to the brows. My initial thoughts on this is that it doesn't come out like I think it will. I think because I am used to using a dark brown powder on my brows the initial lightness of this product is a shock to my system. I have to admit though that I do quite like the effect that it gives on the brows.

Soap & Glory, Brow Pencil, Archery, Make-Up, Beauty, Testing

The opposite end of the stick is then used to define the shape of the brows. This is quite a hard pencil but despite this it is quite easy to use. I particularly like this end as it allows me to give my eyebrows a neater shape as well as making them appear more natural and 'hair like'. Overall I am pretty impressed with this product but don't think I would stay away from my love of powder in my brows altogether.

I have a confession to make, this product isn't entirely new to me, I have used this in the past. I always pick it up in the colour 'Carbon Black Extreme'. For me it is one of the blackest eyeliner pens i've ever used.

Soap & Glory, Eye Liner, Supercat, Make-Up, Beauty, Testing

The nib of this pen is rather long but that doesn't make it difficult to use. With very light pressure you are able to get a very neat line and even achieve that elusive flick. I find that I can do it in mostly all one stroke as well as the pen itself is very easy to hold in the hand and doesn't drag over the eye at all.

All in all but I think this is one of the best liners I have ever used and will be repurchasing again and again!

I picked this item up in TK Maxx after hearing lots of people in the beauty community talking about the brand. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I don't normally pick up waterproof mascara, as I don't have a problem with it smudging on me at all. This time however, I made an exception.

The packaging was something that I took a while to adjust to but I have to admit that I really quite like it. I can tell that it will mean I never waste a drop which if this mascara is bought at it's RRP of £15, you wouldn't want to. The brush was also something that I had to adapt to. My usual mascara options tend to have much bigger bristles on a shorter wand, which I have become very used to using. This wand is very small but on a much longer wand. After some practise I think I am getting the hang, of separating my lashes well, with this mascara.

Eyeko, Mascara, Skinny Brush, Make-Up, Beauty, Testing

Initially, I found it hard to get a fluttery look with this mascara but I immediately fell in love with how black and noticeable my lashes looked. Like I said before with a bit of practise I was very easily able to achieve the fluttery look that I go for but I don't think I will ever be able to get over how long my lashes look when using this - it really lives up to its name.

Overall I am really pleased with the products that are currently on trial in my make-up collection. I have something good to say about each and every one of them and I feel that they are getting to the stage where they would probably become re-purchases.

Have you tried any of these products before?

Autumn is the best season for new purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment