What's New In My Make-Up Collection


New In My Make-Up Collection

I was one lucky girl this Christmas and among my many amazing gifts I found that I had received a Boots Voucher.
The one thing I love to receive is a voucher as I never feel guilty about buying the things I want when it's not real money that i'm spending - so to speak. So armed with my voucher I made a trip to my local Boot's store and picked up a few new bits and pieces. 

So far I have been loving the new things I bought and I thought I would tell you all about them.

Creme De Rose Creamy Mattes

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo - Creamy Mattes in Creme De Rose
I picked this up as I was looking for a cream eyeshadow base that would help make the colours on my lid pop. I picked the Creme De Rose shade as to be totally honesty it was all that was available but I have really and truly fallen in love with it. 

As the name would suggest it is slightly pink toned - in some lights it is almost lilac - but it is truly beautiful. I love how it's warm tones come across on the lid so my eyes don't look too cold when I apply white or pale colours on top. I have tried applying this with a dry brush and it has proven to be quite difficult as it just doesn't seem to blend well. I always end up using my fingers to blend it over the lid to give an even effect. I would say that you have to work quickly with this product as it does settle into the lid and dry quite quickly. All in all I love this product and would highly recommend it.


Great Lash Big Mascara

Maybelline Great Lash Big Mascara - Blackest Black
I have such a hard time with mascaras. I want my lashes to look delicate, separated and very fluttery. It doesn't sound like a big ask does it? Well I can tell you that it really is very difficult to find something that gives me this effect with ease. So whilst looking through all the aisles at Boots I decided to go back to a mascara that I had tried a very long time ago - well kind of as this is their new 'Big' version. 

This mascara really does what it says on the tin, it gives you beautiful big lashes with very little effort. The wand is fat, thick and has bristles rather than being one of the plastic styles that we see so often. I am not normally a fan of this big brush but it really does work. It gives me so much length, as well as everything I am looking for from my eyelashes. They are separated and fluttery, it's very exciting!

Moisture Matte Lipstick

Maybelline Moisture Matte Lipstick - Nude Embrace 930
I have wanted to try this range of lipsticks since I first heard about them. I love wearing matte lipsticks but they can dry out my lips so badly, I just end up chewing and chewing at them until all the lipstick has been removed. This made me want to try the Moisture Matte range as the thought of the added moisture would keep my lips from drying out.

Well I was not disappointed. I picked up Nude Embrace as I have been looking for a new nude lipstick which is on the brown side for quite a while and this one seemed to be perfect for what I was looking for. I love the feel of this lipstick on the lips it is so soft and it is very easy to apply. The colour pay off is excellent and it lasts rather well despite not drying to a completely matte finish. I am so happy to have this lipstick in my collection it is exactly what I expected.



There we have it three items that I have recently added to my make-up collection and that I am loving - it's not often that happens is it :) 

Have you gotten anything new recently?


It's All About The Face

No comments:

Post a Comment