Top Tips For Revising In January


January Revision Tips

I was a student once and one of the hardest things that I always found was getting around to revising for those January exams.



There really is nothing more draining than the thought that you have to get out those books, after a great Christmas break and get stuck into some actual work. I always struggled but through this experience, I feel that I can put together some tips to help you guys - if you are studying - get through your revision the best you can.

1. Set daily goals for what you want to learn - I think it's important to split up your revision into manageable chunks. If you don't, it can always seem very overwhelming and eventually your brain might just stop taking the information in. Having set goals for each day will help you feel more relaxed and allow you to really focus on the tasks at hand.

2. Take regular breaks - Revision can be very draining and lets face it, it can be very boring as well. To keep your spirits up always remember to take regular breaks for meals and to take some time out. Your brain needs time to relax to allow it to work at its maximum ability.

3. Use bright coloured pens for notes - The brain responds well to bright colours so it is always advisable to write your revision notes with brightly coloured pens. I always found that I was able to associate certain parts of my notes with certain colours.

4. Study with a friend on your course - I was very lucky that I lived with my best friend who was always on my course and in my team for my projects during my final year of uni. We would sit together in the library or at the dining room table in order to motivate each other and help each other out when we were stuck with certain things.

5. Drink plenty of water - it's important to keep hydrated so your brain can be at its best. Taking in all those notes can be overwhelming and you need to be energised and at your best so keep drinking away at lots of water. If you need tips to drinking more water check out my previous post.

6. Remember not to stress out too much - your degree, your exams, your school work, it's all important but always remember that it's not the end of the world. You and your health is more important than any exam. As long as you try your absolute best, that's all the matters.


These are only a few tips that I have to help you with your revision for your January exams. If you have any more please share them below :)

Good luck with your exams I know you will ace them :)


These are the best days of your life 

No comments:

Post a Comment