Wearable Everyday Lipsticks



Everyday wearable Rimmel lipsticks

I love all kinds of lipstick colours from the ridiculously bold - the kinds some would struggle to see as wearable - to the very simple and subtle, barely anything there shades. This being said however, I am the kind of person that likes to match the shade they are wearing to the mood they are feeling that day. Nights out and party moods are bold, vibrant usually red lips - a post about my favourite shades coming soon - whereas, going for coffee with a friend calls for something more subtle and in a word more wearable.


For me it is important to have go to wearable everyday lipsticks waiting for the day when your mood tells you that that is what you want to wear. As I have said, I don't always feel like wearing something bright and bold so I like to keep a couple of lipsticks handy that are my 'everyday shades'. Everyday shades for me are a little more muted than the bright bold red lips that I would wear on an evening out but still have staying power and are enhancing on the lips.

Brand wise I don't like to go past the 'drugstore' - Boots or Superdrug for all the non-americans like myself. In this category I think it's safe to say that Rimmel lipsticks stand out, not only for colour pay off but for the shades that are available and the price range is great too. 
When it comes down to it the two wearable everyday lipsticks that I find myself reaching for on a regular day-to-day basis are Rimmel's Vintage Pink and Amethyst Shimmer.



Vintage Pink


I picked this wearable little lipstick up in the Superdrug of my local airport when I was looking for a cream eye shadow my great aunt had requested and I managed to get dragged in by the Rimmel display. This shade jumped out at me almost immediately as it is somewhere between a pink and a brown. I am not the biggest fan of straight-forward pinks so the added hint of brown for me gave it another dimension. 

It is a muted mauve colour that looks fabulous in the tube and even more glamorous on the lips. It provides the lips with a better than nude shade but still isn't overly bright or in your face. The formula of this lipstick is creamy and moisturising as it is one of the Moisture Renew Lipsticks that Rimmel have produced. The creamy smooth texture that it provides on first application remains even when the lipstick  has faded away. It lasts well throughout the day even through eating and drinking which for me is an added bonus.



Amethyst Shimmer

Purple lips, the idea can be something quite scary and lets face it doesn't really appeal to all of us. This being said, however, I have always been drawn to these purpley toned shades and when I saw Amethyst Shimmer I couldn't resist. It is the perfect mixture between a dark purple plum and a berry colour. Mixed together this shade just looks stunning on the lips. 

It does look slightly daunting in the tube but when it is applied to the lips it transforms an everyday look into something more dramatic but still extremely wearable and not too dressy. The formula provides a slight shimmer - I wouldn't go as far as to say glittery but there is definitely a hint of shimmer in this lipstick. It is from Rimmel's Lasting Finish Collection and I can say that this shade has staying power. When it wears off it does so evenly and still leaves a hint of pigmentation behind.

I have a very pale complexion and this shade just sets it off rather than being draining on my skin. Although this shade may not be for everyone and could make some people look older than they are I feel that it is worth trying out and is simply stunning. 


What About You?

What are your wearable go to lipsticks? I love trying out new products and hearing your opinions so let me know :)


No Day Is Complete Without A Lipstick


No comments:

Post a Comment