My Marinated BBQ Brie Recipe


BBQ Brie Finished


BBQ Brie - Ingredients 1

BBQ Brie - Ingredients 2

BBQ Brie - Ingredients 3


Recently when we took advantage of the sun that happened to be out in Northern Ireland and had a BBQ - which is a rare thing in this country trust me - I adapted a recipe I found online for marinated brie.

I love cheese and I thought what could be better than a baked cheese with a delicious marinade soaked through it. 

Recipe

Brie - as little or as much as you require
1 x clove of garlic
1 x red chilli - deseeded (any colour of chilli you want will work)
 Salt & Pepper to taste
1 x juice of lemon
Oil - to thicken the mixture
1 x small piece of ginger - if required 
1 tsp of honey 

Step 1. Chop the garlic, chilli & ginger finely and add to a bowl.

Step 2. Add the juice of one lemon to the garlic, ginger and chilli.

Step 3. Add the teaspoon of honey, along with the salt & pepper to taste.

Step 4. Whisk in oil very slowly to thicken. Don't add too much as you don't want it very oily.

Step 5. Take your brie and use a sharp knife to slice small slits all around it to let the marinade it. Pour the marinade over the brie allowing it to soak into the holes.

Step 6. Wrap in tinfoil and leave to marinade for at least two hours or overnight. Then cook on your BBQ - or in an oven - until the cheese is as melted as you want it to be.

Step 7.  Enjoy!


There We Have It

If you try this recipe or have any other recipes you think I should know about let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment