Better Late Than Never



Better late than never - right? For the past few months I have seen lots of YouTubers and bloggers mention that they loved the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation but had never tried it myself. I was a bit skeptical about trying it as my mum had picked it up a while ago but wasn't overly crazy about the texture of the formula - as we tend to have similar tastes I just assumed that I wouldn't be a fan either - how wrong was I eh?


When I was walking around Boots last month on the hunt for a new foundation to try I just decided to give this one a go. I had points on my Boots card and thought to myself nothing ventured nothing gained. I couldn't wait to try it out when I got home to see what all the fuss was about among the beauty community and to see if I could figure out why my mum disliked it so much.


The Specifics

1. Colour: I picked up this foundation in the shade 100: Ivory as I felt that it was the shade that suited my complexion best and happily I was right.

2. Formula: The formula of this foundation is extremely easy to blend into the skin. It doesn't feel too heavy or thick and isn't too runny in consistency. Overall it dries to a lovely medium coverage finish - I have found that you can build the coverage up gradually and it doesn't appear too cakey. I have read/heard people say that the formula is quite runny but I personally haven't found this at all.

3. Application: When applying this foundation I tend to either use a flat top foundation brush or the high-definition blender sponge that I cannot get enough of - read my review of it here. I find that using either of these methods results in a beautifully flawless finish.

4. Packaging: This product comes in quite a heavy glass bottle which allows you to feel that it is more expensive than it actually is. My only criticism of being in a glass bottle is that it makes it far more difficult to get all of the product out - a lot more difficult than it would be if it was in a plastic tube - this is a small criticism however, as I know that most of the beauty community prefers glass bottles.


My Opinion

Overall my opinion is that this is great foundation. It feels lovely on the skin and isn't too heavy or 'cakey' at all. It is easy to apply and has a build-able coverage. It is scented - like most Rimmel foundations - but I don't find it too offensive - if you don't like scented foundations however, I would stay away from this one. 

I would recommend this foundation as a great one for everyday, it lasts well on the skin and comes with an SPF18 so you don't have to worry about it not providing you with any protection. I would set it with a powder to ensure maximum staying power but it wears beautifully and evenly.


Your Thoughts

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments below.


Better Late Than Never - Eh?


2 comments:

  1. Awh thank-you so much that means alot to me :) I am glad you like my blog :D I checked yours out and I think it is beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank-you so much that means alot to me :) I am glad you like my blog :D I checked yours out and I think it is beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete