Some Days Call For A Red Lip


 Three Red Lipsticks I Love

There are some days that just call for a red lip. When i'm putting my make-up on I can usually tell if the day is going to be one of those days that I want to be fierce and confident or if I just want it to be casual and easy going. When it's a fierce kind of day or even a night out I always pull out a red lip and I have three go to colours that never fail me!


Red lipsticks names

Red lipstick swatches

Rimmel Moisture Renew - As You Want Victoria (360)

This is one of Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipsticks which I have a love/hate relationship with. There are times when this lipstick can bleed and make my lips look crazy but after lots of testing I have come up with the perfect way to apply this tricky lipstick. If you dab it on gently to cover the lips in a subtle colour and then add one coat over the top the colour does not bleed and looks beautiful. 

The formula of this colour leaves the lips feeling soft and full of moisture and the colour is somewhere between a red and a pink. It can be built up on the lips to provide a deeper colour but it has a beautiful sheen making the lips look stunning.


Rimmel Kate 107 - Matte

This has to be one of my favourite red shades that I own. The swatch of this lipstick doesn't do it justice. It is a deep berry red colour that is matte and looks stunning when worn. It doesn't bleed and wears away relatively evenly which is great. The only downside is that this shade can be a little drying but if worn on top of well moisturised lips this shouldn't be a problem.


NYX Chaos - LSS 511

This NYX shade is a typical post box red shade but the colour has a slightly bluer undertone which gives it a deep dark feel. I find that it should be applied in a similar way to the Rimmel Moisture Renew as it can be easy to make mistakes with but once on it looks beautiful. It is a lasting colour and isn't drying on the lips. It keeps them feeling moisturised with a gorgeous shine. 


What About You?

What are your go to lip products when you are feeling fierce and confident? Let me know :)

Red Lips To Make The Boys Wink


No comments:

Post a Comment