New Eye Shadow Palette






So, recently I managed to persuade my aunt and mother to take a look around the Accessorize store in my town and what was even better is that they had a sale on. I don't always find things I like in Accessorize and if i'm being honest I sometimes think their products can be a little overpriced. This being said however, their sale prices are nothing short of amazing.

If you check my social media accounts you will see that I was treated to a beautiful black handbag with gold hardware from Accessorize but I also picked up the Exposed palette for £3.50. I was a little skeptical about the quality but none the less I couldn't wait to get it home to try it out.

Packaging


Lets begin with the look of the palette. Very simply - it's stunning. It has a beautiful girly design with subtle colours that just draw you in. It is kept closed with an elasticated band. It is quite heavy depsite being relatively small but not so heavy that it would be obstructive to carry in your handbag.

It also comes with quite a large mirror built into it which can be handy if you are applying your make-up away from home where it can be difficult to find a mirror. 

The Eye Shadows Themselves


This palette comes with 32 eye shadows and there is a mix between matte and shimmer shades. I chose this particular colour scheme because I prefer nudes and browns to bright electric shades. I therefore, felt that I would get a lot of use from these colours.

As I said, I was quite skeptical about how these eye shadows would work with regards to their colour pay-off but I was happily surprised to find that they are really creamy and have a high pigmentation. I was able to create a beautiful look with a few simple colours. The shades blended with ease and were subtle yet still bold.

All-In-All


Overall I was very happy that I made this purchase. With the amount of shades on offer I will be able to create multiple looks that I am more than happy with. I feel that this palette could be one to rival my Urban Decay palettes - which is a bold statement in itself - but it really does have the staying power of a high quality top of the line palette that you would expect to cost in the region of £30 - £40.

Finally

There we have it! I have somewhat fallen in love with this little gem that I found hiding in my local Accessorize. If you find one I would go and pick it up - it really is worth the money. You will never be stuck for a look to create with the shades that you are given and the packaging is truly stunning.

I Do Love A Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment