5 Things I Love About Summer


 

Summer has finally arrived - which is quite a statement to make when you are from Northern Ireland. Sunshine and happiness is not normally something that goes hand in hand with our climate but that being said, for the past few days it has been incredibly warm and the sun has been shining down all around us. 

On that note I felt that I wanted to list my top 5 things I love about Summer.

1. Long walks along the beach with Molly or with friends. There is something wonderful about feeling the sand between your toes and the fresh sea air blowing against your hair and face. It really is what summer is all about.

2. Ice cream is so much more enjoyable when the sun is shining and everyone is happy. It's a reason for an outing and when you go on an adventure to get ice cream with those that make you happy, what could be better.


3. BBQ's. Summer sunshine means that we can all get together round the BBQ with a few drinks in hand, music playing and just have a laugh. I just love the atmosphere that a bbq on a sunny day can create. It's what summer is really all about :)

4. Driving around with the windows rolled down and summer tunes playing. I love the feeling of warm air blowing around the car whilst you are driving around either alone or with good friends who you can have a laugh with. It only works in the summer.


5. The long hours of daylight. You can fit so much more into your summer days as it doesn't get dark until well after 9pm. What could be better. I find that I have more energy at night so light warm evenings are perfect to help me get the things I want to do done.


So there we have it... 5 things that I love about these beautiful summer days. I really do hope that they last so I can soak up the sunshine for longer.

Summer Sun Makes Everything Better

No comments:

Post a Comment