Travel Dreams - New York




Haven't we all had a dream about travelling the world and filling our days with beautiful scenery, culture and landmarks? I know I have and I have a list of quite a few places that I would really love to visit.



Top of my list has to be New York City. I have genuinely wanted to go there for as long as I can remember. I have been to America before - the first time was when I was 5 which I still can't believe ever happened - but i've never had the luck to go to The Big Apple.


Why New York City?

So, why New York you ask? Well the answer to this is quite simple, I don't really know. There isn't one definitive answer I guess it's a culmination of lots of different things. I see New York as a hub for everything I could possibly want to do, or see, or even feel all brought together in the one place. 

Food

So lets start with the most important thing food! I love trying new things from different cultures but this can be quite tricky living in Northern Ireland as it's quite limited in the variety that is available even in the capital city - Belfast. With it's 8 million people floating around throughout the five boroughs - Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx and Staten Island - there is no shortage of exciting new food possibilities. 

I would love to explore what the side streets have to offer me and my hungry belly. I think that the opportunity to try everything from home cooked Jewish classics, or traditional soul food, to the iconic hot dog bought from a street vendor. The prospect excites me and I enjoy the idea of the endless possibilities available to those who visit the city.

Beauty

I know to many people a big chaotic city like New York seems impersonal and really quite ugly at times but to me I feel that you get out of New York what you put into it. If you take the time to explore and notice the finer details it has to offer you will build your own personal experience which is in every way beautiful.


The architecture of the buildings tucked away among all the hustle and the bustle of the residents going about their daily lives is striking. You can't help but get caught up in what the city has to offer. I can imagine myself at the beginning falling in love with everything I see - I mean just think of the Flat Iron Building, it is iconic, groundbreaking and simply stunning - although after time had passed, I wouldn't be as tourist like but I would still appreciate the beauty of what is going on around me.


The City That Never Sleeps

I know I am likely to grow out of the idea the older I become but for me being a part of the city that never sleeps is one of its most alluring factors. The idea that no matter what time it is I can be apart of something and feel included just makes me feel excited. Now don't get me wrong I am more than aware that it can be a very lonely place at times but realistically you can be lonely anywhere and with the chance of having a coffee and watching the world pass by in Central Park, you would soon learn to find yourself and love what's going on around you.

What About You?

Only a few points but I have covered the main things about New York City that has secured itself at the top of my travel wish list. I would love to hear what destination is at the top of your wish list? Where would you like to go?

New York, New York, It's A Wonderful Town

3 comments:

  1. The state of New York is somewhere i would love to go, I have friends living in NYC and family in Johnson City. I could then go over the boarder in to Canada to visit other friends. But the one place I really want to go to is Hawaii. I would travel round all the islands and visit places like Pearl Harbour, Mt Kilauea, Waikiki beach, Honolulu etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii is on my list of places to discuss in this this travel dreams series. I think it is simply beautiful my mum and I want to go there so badly, we are very envious when watching Hawaii Five - 0. You are so lucky to have relatives spaced out over the world :) My grandfather is in Canada would love to go and visit him there :)

      Delete
  2. Hawaii is on my list of places to discuss in this this travel dreams series. I think it is simply beautiful my mum and I want to go there so badly, we are very envious when watching Hawaii Five - 0. You are so lucky to have relatives spaced out over the world :) My grandfather is in Canada would love to go and visit him there :)

    ReplyDelete