Let's Talk Manicures




Lets face it us girls - and if we are honest some men out there - really do love a good manicure. Whether that be in the salon or the more purse friendly option of at home. I myself love having beautifully manicured nails that are neat and tidy as well as giving off a high shine gloss.

For me there aren't many steps involved to get the perfect manicure - it's all about the attention to detail.

Prep

If I am already wearing nail polish I like to take it off with a nail varnish remover that doesn't have acetone. For normal everyday nail polish acetone isn't required and is very damaging to the nail. It draws the moisture out and makes the nail more brittle. I have found great success with the Superdrug removers - they can be found here.

Trim

If your nails have grown to an unruly length and just aren't the shape you want then I advise cutting or trimming them with scissors or nail clippers. Be gentle when doing this as you don't want to damage your nail by putting unnecessary pressure on the nail and the nail bed. 

Filing & Buffing

I like to use a four sided buffer for all my filing and buffing needs. The particular one I am using at the moment and have repurchased multiple times is from Boots. I begin by filing my nails into the desired shape and it's always best to do this in one direction so as not to weaken the nail. I then move onto buffing - I simply follow the steps on the block buffer. I usually don't use step number 4 as I move on to painting the nails rather than showing them off naturally.

Buffing your nails has it's benefits it increase the circulation under the nail bed and therefore encourages stronger healthier nails to grow. It also brings the natural oils to the surface of the nail and helps to keep them healthy and strong.

Painting

Regardless of what happens in the middle I  always use a base and top coat. Usually a base that adds nutrients and vitamins to the nail bed and a top coat that is quick drying and provides a very high glossy shine. I have quite a collection of nail polishes so what I use will depend on the mood I happen to be in on the day, it is safe to say though that the first and last steps really do not change very often.

The most important thing when painting your nails is to not paint coats that are too thick. I like more than one coat of colour polish to make sure it is opaque and in order for it to dry evenly and well it should be a thin even layer. Too thick and it will not dry properly and you will end up ruining your manicure.

Finished

That's all there is too it. Four easy to follow steps to the perfect manicure. After my nails have dried I would rub my favourite hand cream on and get on with my day. 

What are your nail tips? I am always looking for new tips and tricks to help me improve my manicure - I would love to hear yours. Comment down below.


Beautiful Nails Make Me Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment