Oops.. I Left My Make-Up On... Again.




So I have a confession to make - to be honest if you know me well you will know this anyway - but I have this ridiculously bad habit of not taking my make-up off at night. Yes I know what you are all thinking - what is wrong with me - but seriously this has become part of my everyday life. No matter how hard I try to keep a night time skincare routine going I just get too tired and lazy to be bothered - i'd rather do it in the morning.

So with that in mind when I thought it would be a good idea to talk you through the three products that bring my poor skin back to life in the mornings where I am looking like a panda thanks to this bad habit which I cannot kick. This being said however, my skin does not have crazy break outs and does not react badly to this heavy make-up wearing - it is quite shocking!

Routine

The first thing I like to do when taking my make-up off is start with my eye make-up. I really, really, really really hate taking my eye make-up off. I can't even tell you why but I just do not enjoy the process. Now I was moaning to my mum one day about how much I hate the process and the next day she produced a homemade aloe vera gel eye cleanser - literally the greatest thing I have ever encountered! (My mum has started a blog and she is going to pop up a post on how she made this cleanser if you want to check it out click here)

With the help of this wonderful homemade product I can now cool, cleanse and remove all traces of make-up even tricky eyelash glue (mostly) in one go. It really has revolutionised the removal of eye make-up for me and has turned something I really don't like into something that I don't even think about anymore. Also on a side note, my mum has mentioned that this gel cleanser is pretty simple to make so hopefully all of you will be able to recreate it - let me know if you do.


Once I have taken all my eye make-up off I then move on to the rest of my face and for this I use my Garnier Micellar Water - I wrote a post on this recently so check this out here. This helps me remove all residue from my eyes - which there usually isn't too much of thanks to the first step I took - and the make-up from the rest of my face. This usually takes one cotton pad but if I have used a heavy foundation like Estee Lauder Double Wear - a post about this product can be found here- then it make take a couple but usually no more than that.



Once my make-up has finally been removed it's time to give my skin the freshness it needs and I wash it using the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean face wash (I don't think this is the exact one that I am using but I assume it will be better as it is newer). This face wash smells amazing and it immediately makes me feel like my skin is going to be super clean despite having left my make-up on all night. (I can do a full review on this product - if you want to see it let me know)



After my face is clean and patted dry with a fluffy towel I like to put a moisturiser on to help my skin get back to normal. I haven't listed or shown the moisturiser I use because I tend to use various ones depending on the mood that I happen to be in on the day. 


Such A Bad Habit

So there we have it. Yes I know this is the worst habit and my skin will begin to revolt eventually but I am such a procrastinator and I find that I just end up falling asleep before I can get around to taking it off. I like sleeping too much it seems.

Do you have any bad make-up habits? Let me know :)

Everyone Has Bad Habits Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment