A Mug For Every Occasion




Following on from my post all about the teas that I currently like to drink - you can read that here - I felt that it was only fitting to carry on the theme with a post all about the mugs that I choose to drink it out of.

For me there is a mug for every occasion! You don't want to drink your morning tea from the same mug you would drink your quick cuppa before rushing off somewhere. It just doesn't have the same feel. Some people are fussy with the kinds of cups or mugs that their beverage comes from. My mum, for example will only drink her tea from a china cup - which I will show you further on in this post - whereas I don't mind what the item is made from I look more for style, feel of it in my hand and the size.

Morning Cuppa




For me there is no better way to start the day than with a big mug of tea. I have a wonderfully sturdy mug that I bought in Anthropologie when I was visiting London last year. I love how much tea this mug can hold and it is perfect for curling up and contemplating the beginning of each day.


Afternoon Cuppa


Having a cup of tea in the afternoon requires a nice medium sized mug, anything too big and I will be overwhelmed by the amount - that and it raises my temperature too much. For this I like to pick between a couple of mugs, usually medium sized ones that fit comfortably in the hand and I can curl up with. Whereas, on the other hand my mum won't use anything but her china tea cup that I bought her from Anthropologie - as seen below.




Night Time Cuppa


At night it's nice to have a tall mug that can hold a substantial amount but not so much that you feel full of liquid but enough that you feel the cares of the days can melt away and can wind you down for a relaxing evening. I like tall, dark mugs - like this grey one from Ikea. The dark colour and the size is soothing for this time of night and allows me to relax.



What About You?


There we go, some of my favourite mugs for different parts of the day. Do you have a favourite mug depending on the time of day or just a favourite in general? Let me know in the comments below - I love reading all your comments.

It's All About The Mug


6 comments:

  1. I love letter cups! :)
    The night time cuppa (owl) is so cute!

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love letter cups too, they feel so personal :) The owl mug was a gift from a dear dear friend when I was going through final year of uni - I love it :)

      Thank-you for your comment :) x

      Delete
  2. I have a starbucks mug that i got from cyprus which is my fav. I love all of your mugs and having one for different times of the day.

    Stay fabulous x,
    Y // http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starbucks do make great mugs I have to say :) Awh thank-you - I have quite a collection this is only a few as I have put some away into storage for a while. I think different times of the day call for different mugs :)

      Thank-you for your comment :) x

      Delete
  3. Starbucks do make great mugs I have to say :) Awh thank-you - I have quite a collection this is only a few as I have put some away into storage for a while. I think different times of the day call for different mugs :)

    Thank-you for your comment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love letter cups too, they feel so personal :) The owl mug was a gift from a dear dear friend when I was going through final year of uni - I love it :)

    Thank-you for your comment :) x

    ReplyDelete