Time For a TV Binge.




If there is something I love to do it's binge watch TV shows. I would rather save up a whole series and watch it in one go that keep up with it week to week. With this in mind I have put together a short list of some of my current TV obsessions. It's hard to narrow it down as I watch far too many TV shows than is good for me.


1. The Blacklist

What's It All About?
Elizabeth 'Liz' Keen, a new FBI profiler has her entire life uprooted when a mysterious criminal, Raymond Reddington, on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted List turns himself in and insists on speaking to her. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2741602/)

Why Do I Love It?
It is fast paced and exciting, there are so many backstories that you think you can work out but at the last minute there is a sudden plot twist and you are back to wondering again. For me this show is unique and utterly entertaining from start to finish. I cannot stop watching not even for a second when it's on.


2. Blue Bloods

What's It All About?
A drama about a multi-generational family of cops dedicated to New York City law enforcement. Frank Reagan is the New York Police Commissioner and heads both the police force and the Reagan brood. (http://www.cbs.com/shows/blue_bloods/about/)

Why Do I Love It?
Very simply this combines everything I love about your typical police procedural with the strong bond of family. I also love the clever addition of having the mix of law enforcement combined with the sometimes black and white view of layers and their way of enforcing the law. I also love the fact that it is set in New York City - a place I am very keen to visit.


3. Hawaii Five-0

What's It All About?
Steve McGarrett returns home to Oahu, in order to find his father's killer. The governor offers him the chance to run his own task force (Five-0). Steve's team is joined by Chin Ho Kelly, Danny "Danno" Williams, and Kono Kalakaua. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600194/)

Why Do I Love It?
The chemistry between the characters is compelling to watch. I find that even with the serious story lines I am still laughing at the funny remarks made between Steve and Danno. Again the main theme of this program is 'ohana' (family) and it really can be felt with each of the characters there for each other no matter what. Five series in this show just gets better and better. Also the scenery of Hawaii is nothing short of stunning!


4. Person Of Interest

What's It All About?
An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes--including the civilians' roles--are left a mystery. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/)

Why Do I Love It?
Coming from a technology background I find the concept of this show fascinating. The technical aspect intrigues me more and more with each episode. Watching each of the characters open up and their relationships and bonds becoming stronger is also a lovely thing to watch.


5. Brothers & Sisters

What's It All About?
The LA-based Walker family is an ordinary American family. The adult siblings -- Sarah Walker (formerly Whedon), Tommy Walker, Kevin Walker, Justin Walker, and Kitty Walker -- try to live up to their parents' expectations. Alongside their mother Nora Holden, Nora's brother Saul Holden, Sarah's husband (now ex-husband) Joe Whedon, Tommy's wife Julia Walker, Kevin's husband Scotty Wandell and mysterious Holly Harper. And last but not least Rebecca, Holly's daughter. Who they originally thought was their half sister but later found out they had a half brother, Ryan instead, the Walkers struggle through their everyday lives. (http://www.tv.com/shows/brothers-sisters/)

Why Do I Love It?
This is actually quite an old show now - it stopped airing about four years ago but it is still a great show to watch. It has a fabulous lead character in Sally Field and she uses her strengths in comedic timing to turn the show, which at times can be quite serious into something beautiful and at the same time hilarious to watch. I highly recommend this show to everyone.

There we have a list of five TV shows that I am currently loving - some new, some current, some old. I really do love getting lost in all of the plot lines and characters stories - don't you?

What are your favourite TV shows for binge watching?

TV Is Made For Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment