Lets Talk: Haircare For Dyed Blonde Hair


Lets talk haircare

I'm just gonna say it, I love my hair. I love the colour of it these days and it's length. It has to be one of my favourite things about myself :) 

With my hair being dyed and naturally quite long, it means that I like to take a little extra care to ensure it looks the best it can. I thought I would put together a list of the things I do in order to keep my hair as happy and healthy as possible. Chances are you have heard them all before but they work for me so maybe they will work for you too.


Regularly Change Shampoo & Conditioner
Every couple of months I like to change up shampoo and conditioner. I have been told in the past that it's good for your hair so it doesn't get used to the products - although i'm not totally sure how true this is. Regardless however, it is something that my hair seems to really like. It keeps the shine and softness and the overall look of my hair in excellent condition. I know which shampoos don't clean my hair properly and I stay away from those but other than that I like to pick new products for coloured hair where possible.


Use An Intense Hair Mask
As you would use a mask on your face to ensure it is moisturised and feeling great, the same can be said for your hair. I have a 'Macadamia Oil Extract Hair Mask' which I put on when my hair is towel dried, leave for 7-10 minutes and then wash out. This leaves my hair feeling very silky and smooth. Above all else it ensures the moisture that is taken out by the dying and general life is put back in again.


Take A Break From Heat
I am very lucky to have naturally straight hair but even so I try to not use heat on my hair where possible. I can usually be found, most days, with my hair tied up on top of my head in a loose bun or ponytail - elegant I know. These days I tend to reserve my straighteners, curlers, rollers - items to that effect - for nights when I am going out. It allows your hair to repair itself and generally keeps it in better condition. I also tend not to use a hairdryer - ever. I always let my hair dry naturally and it always feels so much better for it.


Ensure There Is Plenty Of Space Between Dyes
I know it's shocking to think but I am not a natural blonde - hard to fathom isn't it! It is because of this that I have to keep dying it to ensure I always remain as blonde as can be. I have also taken a notion recently that I want to be white blonde rather than yellow blonde. This means that my roots are far more obvious. I always like to try to keep the space between each dye as big as possible. It is recommended that it be kept to six weeks apart and I try to stick to this as stringently as I possibly can.


Use A Purple Shampoo
I like to use a purple shampoo one or twice a week in between my usual shampoo washes. This ensures that my blonde is as white as it can be and isn't brassy at all without having to dye it every few weeks. It also leaves the hair very soft and a beautiful smell.


Regular Trims 
Another great tip - which most people know I am sure - is that they should get regular trims in order to keep the hair in the best condition possible. Split and taily ends can result in very dry hair which isn't good at all so it is always best to have an inch or two trimmed off every few months.


Tie Hair Up At Night
I always tie my hair back at night to stop it getting in the way of my face when I sleep. This has many benefits, one of the main ones being that it stops the hair from getting tatty and you spending lots of time in the morning brushing out all the knots that had appeared. It's always a good idea to use a proper hairband meant for your hair. Elastic bands are never a good idea unless they are clear elastic hair ties like the kind you can get from Superdrug.


These are the things that I do to keep my hair looking the best that it can. I am sure you have heard them all before, but at least you know they work.

Tell me what things do you do?



Blonde hair, don't care

No comments:

Post a Comment