L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation


L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation

I have heard so much about this foundation - yes I know I am a little late to the game but better late than never eh? - and it made me want to take a trip into Boots and pick it up.

I was excited by the idea of it being a matte foundation as I am not particularly found of the 'dewy' skin look. I know lots of people are but that is just my opinion and I always get paranoid that I look overly oily rather than having that beautiful glow everyone talks about. It is definitely true to its name where being matte is concerned.. It dries to a beautiful even coverage that has no glow in sight and this excites me greatly. 

Another exciting factor of this foundation for me was the coverage. It has been billed as a high coverage product. I do have to admit however, I see it more as a medium coverage that is buildable and it blends seamlessly into the skin. This doesn't bother me as I am quite used to building up the coverage of my base so that I can hide the redness and imperfections of my skin.

I prefer to buff this foundation in gently with a flat topped foundation brush and then finish it off with my damp beauty sponge. For me this gives you a perfectly even coverage that is blended just as you would want it to be.

With regards to it being 24hr I am not sure of the length of time but when I have had it on for longer than I should have - may have been sleeping with my make-up on again, whoops - it remains matte and definitely looks well as the hours go on. It does need touching up throughout the day but overall it wears quite evenly and looks excellent.

My one massive issue with this product is the nozzle that it comes with. I find that it can make such a mess when trying to get the right amount of product out. I always end up squeezing out too much as it is very difficult to control the amount that comes out of the tube. I like the tube and the fact that it is squeezy, as this makes it so much easier for me to get every last drop of the product out.

L'Oreal Infallible Nozzle

Overall I have to say that I am very impressed with this foundation. It does exactly what it says on the tin - or tube in this case - and looks fabulous on the skin. It smooths out the skin perfectly and leaves you with a flawless complexion to add your bronzer, blush and highlighter too. 

I am really happy I purchased this foundation - it really is beautiful.


A flawless base is just perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment