Things I Look For In A Blog Layout


What I Look For In A Blog Layout

When it comes to blogs we all look for different things to grab our interest. Some people can be turned away from a blog for various reasons that might draw others in.

Blogs are very personal things and therefore, it doesn't necessarily matter if you meet everybody's criteria but there are a few basic things, that for me keep my interest and make me want to read more and more posts.

1. Simplistic backgrounds that don't take away from the content
This is a big one for me. When there is a background that is busy and eye catching it can draw me away from what really matters most - the content. I prefer backgrounds that don't distract.

2. Easy navigation
Finding my way around a blog is key. I like to be able to access older posts with ease and get back to the homepage without looking around for long periods of time. 

3. Easily accessible social media links
If I have found a blog that I love I always want to follow it on other social media platforms. If the links are hidden in hard to find places throughout the blog I am more likely to click off without following - which always makes me feel guilty.

4. Colours that work well together
Colour schemes that work well together allow for easier reading and doesn't draw attention to the wrong places. Text colours are funny things, when I was at Uni I did a course about what works best for human interaction with computers and things like red writing aren't appropriate as some people - such as myself - really struggle to read it. Black text for me is the best option but really anything dark works best.

5. Not too crowded
Crowded blogs with very little spacing hurt my head - sounds silly but it's true! Simplistic layouts where everything is spaced well are what I love best. I love reading through elegant blogs where everything is neat, tidy and pleasing to the eye.


There we have it some of the things that I look for in a blog layout - not meant to offend anyone I promise :)

What things do you look for?


Everything is personal choice

No comments:

Post a Comment