Pets At Home Anti-Gulp Bowl - Review


Pets At Home Anti-Gulp Bowl

Of all my Molly's amazing qualities there is one that she has that just isn't good for her. She eats far too quickly!
She would have all of her meal in her in under a minute and for me this was just a recipe for disaster. I was scared that she would cause herself to bloat and be uncomfortable or possibly even be sick. I knew something had to be done so I took myself off to Pet's At Home to see if I could find a bowl to solve this issue.

I came across their Anti-Gulp Dog Bowl and thought that it would be worth a try. The bowls come in either large or extra-large but I picked up the large. Molly isn't the largest of dogs and I figured that this would be perfectly suited to her wee face. 

It is quite nice with regards to style, it comes in a shiny black plastic that has three heart shaped columns in the middle of the bowl so that she can't stick her mouth straight in and grab all her food. The bowl is alot heavier than I thought it would be and comes with rubber feet so that it doesn't move across the floor - although I have to say that it doesn't actually work but this could be due to my floor being very slippy to begin with.

Molly and her anti-gulp bowl

Initially I was a little skeptical - although this mostly came from my mum as she didn't think it would work at all - I thought that it wouldn't slow her down at all, but how wrong was I! As soon as I put the bowl down Molly adapted to it. I had thought she would struggle as she can be a tad weird about new things - then again it involves food and she is rather like her mother in that area, nothing stops her eating - but I was wrong, and she simply tried to get the food out of each little compartment that was formed by the pillars.

Molly went from being the first dog finished out of four to being the last - she was still eating when all of the rest had been out for a pee which is never heard of. I think it works as it's a challenge for her, she has never been the kind of dog to give up and not work something out which means that this bowl was never going to stand a chance, it was always going to be defeated, it just takes a while, which is exactly what I wanted. 

I would recommend this bowl wholeheartedly. If you are having problems with your dog eating too quickly I think that this would be perfect. It provides a challenge at meal times which is exactly what your dog needs, it makes them think and makes meal times more fun than just eating from a basic bowl.

Molly's eating and digestive habits have improved no end and for the price of £8.50. I think this is a very low cost for a great reward!



Have you tried this bow or anything similar? What did you think?


I'd do anything for Molly Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment