Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit - First Impressions


Make-Up, Contour, Seventeen, First Impressions, Review

For quite a while now I have been lusting over this Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit. I stopped myself from getting it for quite a while as I kept telling myself that I just didn't need it. This changed this weekend however, when I thought who cares if I don't need it, I want to add it to my collection.

I thought that I would share with you my first impressions as I used it the very night I bought it when I was getting ready for a night out.

First thing I want to say about this product is that I love the packaging! It is very sleek, black and compact. It is very easy to throw in your handbag as it isn't too heavy at all and it comes with a beautiful mirror inside the lid.

Make-Up, Contour, Seventeen, First Impressions, Review

Now onto the good stuff, what is the actual product like? I would say that this product is rather good for the small £5.99 price tag. You get quite a bit of product in each pan which I was quite surprised by. First of all I want to talk about the darker contour shade. I really like it. It's matte and is the perfect shade to add dimension to the cheeks. It is easy to blend out and doesn't look too muddy. I do have to say that it creates quite a bit of fall out in the pan - as you can see in the pictures - whenever, I put my brush into it. This annoyed me as it felt like such a waste of product to have it all gathering around the edges of the packaging!

The only sort of disappointing part for me would be the highlight shade. It is also matte which I like but it definitely isn't anywhere as pigmented as the contour shade which makes it harder to highlight the cheekbones above the contour. I have found that bright concealers tend to work a lot better for highlighting but this shade can do a subtle job quite nicely.

I think it depends what you are looking for, a subtle look or something a lot more 'glam' and defined. I don't think I would reach for this little kit on an everyday basis but I have to say that I do really enjoy using it for when I am going for a slightly heavier more made up look. I definitely wouldn't say that I found this a disappointing product, it just wasn't as spectacular as I had built it up in my head to be.

Have you tried this kit? What do you think about it?


What's a girl without her contour? 

No comments:

Post a Comment