My Top Tips For Unwinding


Unwinding, Tips, Books, Reading, Relax, Destress

I don't know about you but sometimes the daily grind of life can feel very stressful and there are moments where you simply just need to unwind and relax. These are my top tips for unwinding after a long day or week for that matter.

1. Change into sometime comfy - The first thing I love to do when I come home from a long day at work is get changed into something comfortable. Sometimes, this will be my pyjamas, sometimes it will be an old pair of leggings, t-shirt and a hoodie. Lounging about in something comfortable allows me to feel more comfortable in myself and kick start the unwinding process.

2. Spend a few minutes in a quiet place doing something you enjoy - For me one of the best ways to relax from a busy day is to lie on my bed and catch up on the days news or my favourite social media platforms. Just for a few minutes to help me relax from my commute home or whatever I have been up to that day. It helps me feel more at peace and it's good to keep up with what's going on!

3. Take a breather from technology - At some point in my evening of unwinding I like to leave my phone, ipad, laptop or whatever technology I happen to have in another room and take a breather. We are always connected these days and it can be hard to step away and find that moment of peacefulness but not having the technology at my fingertips helps a lot.

4. Have your meal prep done if you can - I am very lucky in that I have my dinner ready for me after a long day but if you aren't in the same boat as me then the best way to avoid the stress of cooking is to have it prepped and ready to go. Even if it's having your vegetables cut and ready to cook or your meat marinated so all you have to do is pop it into cook. Whatever, you can do to have it ready to go as soon as possible so you can sit down with your feet up.

5. Take a hot bath or shower - One of the best ways I know to wash of the daily stresses of life is to have a hot bath or shower. Light a few candles, set a relaxing scene and pamper yourself. It will wind you down from a long day allowing you to be in the perfect state for a peaceful nights sleep or time on the sofa to watch your favourite show or movie.

These are my top 5 tips for unwinding, do you have any tips that you would add?
Let me know :)


Everybody needs time to unwind

No comments:

Post a Comment