I Finally Hopped on That Bandwagon - Nivea Post Shave Balm


Nivea, Post Shave Balm, Men, Primer, Make-Up, Skincare, Product, Review

For quite a while now I have been seeing everybody - and I am not exaggerating when I say everybody - in the beauty world, talking about how the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm was one of the best product to use as a primer.
I have been avoiding hopping on this bandwagon personally, for many reasons but mostly because I didn't really want to spend the money on the item in case I didn't like the results. This changed however, when I noticed a sale on all of the Nivea Men range in my local Gordon's Chemist. I picked this up for a couple of pounds and that was a price I was happy to pay.

I was rather excited to try this product out, I have to say. I have heard so many things about how good it is as a primer that it had to be true - right? The packaging of this product is quite substantial for the price. The balm comes in a heavy glass bottle, which shocked me. I didn't expect it to be quite as heavy as it it but it was a nice surprise, as it felt a lot more luxurious than the price would normally afford.

The first thing I have to say about the actual product is that it is a lot thinner than I expected it to be - i'm not sure if that has to do with the fact it is a new formula or if it has always been slightly thin. The consistency of the product is something I am still struggling with, I find that I can't decide on how much is enough to make a good base for my face.

It might just be my skin but I find that this product doesn't absorb as easily as I would have expected it to, it sits on the skin for quite a while. I do find that it is very cooling and refreshing to use, which is great before putting make-up on. The main reason I have learnt that people use this product is because it forms a tacky layer when rubbed in for a while, which allows the foundation to stick to it and not budge throughout the day.

I think that, I was expecting it to become a lot tackier than it did become - I may have had my expectations far too high, which I tend to do, I can't help it I just want so much from the items that I buy. Don't get me wrong there was a tackiness but it was quite subtle, again this could be because they have re-formulated the product, I am not to know for sure.

With regards to how my make-up applied with this product, I have to say that it went onto the skin smoothly. It hasn't affected any of my foundations, other than pro-longing the wear throughout this warmer weather.

Overall I would have to say that I do like this product. It didn't quite meant the high expectations that I had set it but it still does everything that I wanted it to do. I think that as a holy grail beauty product used by many in the beauty community, it is worth the hype that it has been given.

Have you tried this product? What do you think?

Sometimes you need to hop on the bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment