5 Things That Have Changed In My Twenties

Portrush, Northern Ireland, Boats, Peaceful, Changes, Twenties

It's hard to believe that I am now 24, where did the time form my 18th go - I can remember it like it was yesterday. Time seems to pass so quickly these days and inevitably things change. For me some things have definitely changed over the past six years - here are five of them.


1. Nights In Appeal To Me More - For me when I was in my teens and through a few of my university years, going out and partying with friends was what I wanted to do every weekend and sometimes weekdays too but these days a night out only appeals to me every few weeks, sometimes once a month and i'm okay with that. Things change when you get older I guess.

2. I Am Happier To Be Make-Up Free - When I was younger I would never have gone anywhere without wearing my full face of make-up, not even the supermarket but these days I just don't care as much. I have finally embraced my make-up free face and it feels pretty good - for some situations that is.

3. Responsibility Is Part Of Everyday Life - Responsibility is not something new to me but the older I become the more responsibility I seem to have. The biggest one I have now is that of Molly. I know for many it seems small but I am very much responsible for another life and that is something I do not take lightly at all.

4. Friendships Have Evolved - By this I mean that 6 years ago I would have found it weird not seeing friends almost everyday as I would have thought that it meant we weren't as close but nowadays it's very clear to see that true friendships don't simply disappear they are always there. Proper friends can be apart for long periods but will always be there when needed the most.

5. Eating Lots of Bad Foods Doesn't Have The Same Pleasure - I have always tried to have a balanced diet but eating lots of takeaways close together never bothered me when I was in my teens but now I feel guilty if I eat remotely badly more than once a week. I now get that I can't treat my body as a bin if I want to look and feel how I want to. It's up to me to look after me!

There we have five things that have changed in my twenties. Have you noticed things change as you've gotten older?


Another year older, another year wiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment