Taking Good Blog Pictures - What I Struggle With


R Light

I don't know about you but for me the hardest part of putting a blog post together, is getting the photo just right. 
I always look at the beautiful photo's that have been put together on other peoples blogs and can identify the things that I don't seem to be doing in order to get to the level I feel I should be at.

1. Consistent Backgrounds - One thing I struggle with is having a consistent backgrounds in my photo's. I don't have a clear desk space that is light and airy in order to take pictures so I tend to take them on my bed which is directly under my windows. I can feel sometimes that the bed isn't always the best place but I really don't have many other options.

2. Blog Props - I always struggle to put props in my photo's. I tend to like the product i'm talking about to be the main focus so I never remember to put anything extra in. I have been trying recently to add make-up brushes in here or there to add something extra to the picture, but overall it's just something I don't seem to do.

3. Doing Flat Lays - I never like a flat lay when I take it. I always seem to like it better when the item is sitting up in it's natural position. My flat lays always look lifeless and just very boring - no matter how many props I add in.

4. Getting Everything Looking Bright and Airy - My house isn't exactly the best for natural light and with having dark blue carpet around most of it, I struggle with that well lit and airy feeling that I would love to have in my photographs. I do the best I can but I always feel that there is something missing.

5. Making My Pictures Look Interesting - Is this something that well all worry about or is it just me? I always think that my pictures look particularly boring and because of this I won't get the readers in for my post and I love to think that people are reading my post. 

6. Not Taking More Than One Picture For A Post - If I can get one picture I like for my post then I think that i'm doing well. I have been consistent with this more or less since I began my blog and have always had one picture for each post. I do think that some readers would rather have multiple pictures throughout my post but really I struggle enough with one!

So there we have it. Six things that I struggle with when it comes to blog pictures. Do you have any tips for me?

What do you like to see in blog pictures?


Pictures are a wonderous thing


No comments:

Post a Comment