Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation VS Lasting Perfection Foundation


Collection, Illuminating Touch, Lasting Perfection, Foundation, Make-Up

Recently I was wondering through my local Boots and I noticed that there was an offer on Collection make-up. I decided to pick up one of their foundations but I was clearly in a daze as I picked up the Illuminating Touch Foundation rather than the Lasting Perfection one that I usually get.

I now have both in my foundation collection so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to compare both of them and write a little review for you all.



Illuminating Touch Foundation


Illuminating Touch, Foundation, Collection, Make-up


This foundation is marketed with the purpose that it gives the skin a natural glow and makes it appear luminous. I am quite odd about anything that makes the skin 'glow' as I tend to like matte foundations and I especially don't like the idea of my natural skin coming through - you can see why I would never have bought this foundation intentionally can't you.

The foundation almost has the same consistency - there are a few slight differences- as the the Lasting Perfection and the colour range appears to be the same also. I have the same shade in both foundations which is Ivory. The only thing I would say about the Illuminating Touch is that it appears to have warmer undertones than the Lasting Perfection.

This foundation doesn't have SPF in it which is great for flash photography but not so great for day-to-day wear. The foundation itself applies quite well over the face. I have applied it both with a beauty sponge and a brush. I tend to like combining both of these mediums to get the perfect finish. Due to the finish that it is supposed to have it doesn't have the full coverage that I tend to lean for in foundations but I quite liked how it made my skin look, which was rather healthy. I do have to say that the 'glow' wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Although nowhere as matte as I would have liked a foundation to be - obviously - my skin did look pretty great. I continued to powder this foundation as I would any other and it held up well. 

It's not the longest lasting - or it isn't on my skin at least - but there was enough longevity out of it that I could wear it for the things I needed to do during the day and not worry about it coming off until the evening time. 

All in all this foundation isn't the worst that I have tried, but on the other hand, it also isn't the best. The coverage isn't as I would normally like it to be and there are some drawbacks such as the SPF and it isn't the quickest foundation to apply evenly.


Lasting Perfection Foundation


Lasting Perfection, Collection, Foundation, Make-up

This is the foundation that I had originally intended to pick up all along and as you can see form the picture the two foundations are packaged almost identically - so it was an easy mistake to make, right? I have this product in Ivory as I have mentioned above and it is definitely more cool toned, which is perfect for my skin colouring.

This product is more of a medium to full coverage -it is definitely one that you can build up on the skin for a more flawless appearance- and has a similar formula to the very well known Lasting Perfection Concealer which Collection also makes, and is regarded by many throughout the beauty world. I find that this formula is very easy to apply, much faster than the Illuminating Touch foundation in fact. I can this foundation with my beauty sponge and it leaves my skin looking flawless.

This formula is oil free and comes with an added SPF 20 which I like for day-to-day wear as I don't have to necessarily worry about wearing an SPF underneath my foundation. I would say that the consistency of this foundation is slightly thicker and ever so slightly less runny than the other one, which I like. I never tend to have a good relationship with runny foundations.

Compared to the lasting power of the Illuminating Touch this foundation wears beautifully on my skin. It begins to fade after a number of hours but I would say that the number is alot closer to the sixteen that it claims it can last for than you would think.

All in all for me this is foundation that wins the battle as I prefer a higher coverage than is offered by the Illuminating Touch. This being said however, there are days when I just don't feel like caking my face in make-up and this is where the Illuminating Touch foundation comes in quite handy. For the rest of the time I do prefer the tried and tested formula of the Lasting Perfection. 


Have you tried these foundations? 
I think for the price tag of £5.99 they are worth a try if you haven't :)


Always read the label of the things you buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment