Five Random Movies From My Collection


Movies, Random, Thoughts, DVDS, Lists

Anybody who knows me and maybe some who don't knows that I love to collect DVDS. There's nothing I love more than adding to my collection and watching it grow. I don't really have a favourite type of movie either so I thought it would be fun to pick 5 at random and tell you all about them.


1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
This 1988 classic is simply amazing! I love the combination of live-action and animation, it makes everything seem so lively and fun. Bob Hoskins is amazing in his role and the interaction between him and the character of Roger Rabbit always makes me laugh. There is something very special about this classic that will always be close to my heart.

2. The Thrill of It All
I love Doris Day. There is something about her that can brighten up any day in my opinion. She is one of those classic screen icons who will always be remembered for her truly spectacular performances. The Thrill of It All is a classic romantic comedy from 1963. There is nothing about this movie that won't make you smile with happiness. It is simple, innocent fun. It's one of those movies that I like to pop on when the world seems all too much to handle.

3. Elizabethtown
This 2005 movie wasn't overly popular with the 'public' but I simply love it. There is a very charming quality to it and even though the premise is quite sad as it is dealing with the death of the main characters father I can't help but fall in love with the journey that each character goes on. For me the southern american charm that is exuded through this movie just makes me want to visit immediately.

4.The Addams Family Values
Ever since I have been a kid I loved The Adams Family. This movie has always been one of my favourites and is actually the second in this list to have Christopher Lloyd - the other being Christopher Lloyd - starring in it. The whole concept of the Adams Family makes me smile and I just enjoy watching the chaos that ensues when Uncle Fester tries to embark in married life!

5. Carry On Doctor
My love for this 1968 movie actually comes from my mum - who has written about her favourite Carry On films here. When I was a kid I always loved watching the taped version my mum had of this. So much so in fact that she used to joke with me that I was going to wear the tape out! This is one of the classic Carry On movies with many of the now famous cast and it never fails to make me giggle. The mishaps and goofs are so light hearted yet the plot flows along effortlessly. This is definitely one that is worth a watch. 

So there we have it five random movies from my collection that I love very much!!
Have you seen any of these? Would you want to see them? What movies do you watch?


The bigger the collection the better in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment