Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil


Eyeshadow, Pencil, Collection, Colour, Make-Up

I have been hearing lots of people in the beauty world talking about eyeshadow pencils and how they make great bases for powder shadows. Not being the kind of person to leap in with both feet I thought I would dip my toe in the water and by a 'drugstore' version and see how I got on.

The day I picked up my Collection foundation there was a 3 for 2 offer on so along with the infamous Lasting Perfection concealer I also picked up the eyeshadow pencil in Vanilla. I was quite excited as in the packaging this looked like a beautiful champagne shimmery colour that would make a perfect eyebrow highlight.

First thing I want to say about this product is the packaging confused me no end. The thick black end immediately made me think that it was a pencil that could be screwed up rather than sharpened. I sat for a good ten minutes - yes you may laugh at the image of me sitting with a confused face trying to twist up a pencil that clearly needs to be sharpened - trying to figure it out and then I realised it was a pencil that should be sharpened which didn't phase me too much but I was confused I have to say.

The next thing is that it's not an easy product to use. The colour is stunning but the shimmer turned out to be quite large pieces of glitter that stood out when used on the brow bone or even through powder shadows. The formula of the eyeshadow pencil itself is very hard and difficult to use. It doesn't blend out very well and I find that if you don't do each eye individually then you are stuck with it as it won't budge. 

I don't recommend this product as a base for other shadows. I have tried it and it just doesn't work, I also don't think it blends very well to be used over the eye either. The one place that I have found it to work well is as an inner corner highlight. It doesn't take much product to use it here and I find that if you are gentle you can get away with it not being too chunky either.

Overall I have to say I was very underwhelmed with this product! It just wasn't what I expected, or wanted it to be. I had such high hopes as I like many products from the Collection brand but this has turned out to be a product that I don't reach for very often at all. It just doesn't suit my make-up style.

Have you tried this product? What is your experience?


Some things just aren't what we hoped them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment