Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

Nivea, Express, Hydration, Primer, Daily, Essentials, Skincare, Make-Up

I don't know about you but it seems the beauty world has been going mad for the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as an alternative for primer - since NikkieTutorials started the craze in 2015. I myself haven't hopped on the band wagon with this product but it has made me more aware of what to look out for in a primer.

Having heard that the key ingredient to look out for is glycerin I was interested when I saw that this little beauty contained it. I quite like the Nivea skincare range and have used some of their products before from body creams to face creams. When I read the ingredients list and saw that it contained glycerins I was very excited to try it out. I was lucky to find this on offer in my local Asda for £2.50 but I believe it's currently on offer in Superdrug at the moment.

The first thing that I noticed with this product is that it has more of a gel like consistency than a cream. It is very transparent and has quite a strong scent. If scents would tend to irritate you I would have a think before purchasing this one as it make not be to your liking.

When applied to the skin it absorbs very easily and quickly. I have been trying out the technique that NikkieTutorials recommends with the men's post shave, that is to gently pat the product into your face until it becomes ever so slightly tacky. I have found that it works wonderfully with this primer as well. 

When my make-up is applied to this primer it goes on very easily. I find that I don't have to blend my foundation out any more than I would have to normally - which is great. My make-up lasts very well and doesn't come off in patches which it can tend to do when I don't bother to prime my skin at all.

All in all I think this product is worth picking it up. It is very refreshing and cooling to the skin which is great to have before you apply your make-up. I think that it adds to the longevity of your make-up and does exactly what it says on the tin. My skin feels lovely and hydrated when I use this product so really it's a win, win all round.



Have you tried this primer?


To prime or not to prime, that is the question



No comments:

Post a Comment