5 Items From My Memories Box

Memories, Box, Personal

I don't know about you but I like to collect memories - maybe this makes me a hoarder - but I love looking back through all the years that have passed, whether it be good or bad things to think about.


I wanted to share with you five items that I have picked from random from this box and tell you what memories they hold for me,

1. Singin' In The Rain Programme
When I was visiting London in 2012 I came across the theatre which was then the London home of Singin' In The Rain on the West End. I immediately sent my mum a picture and told her we would see this production one day - no matter what! I wasn't aware that the production was about to leave London and go on tour. When it came to Belfast I immediately bought tickets and told my mum we were going and I couldn't wait. This programme reminds me of all of that and the wonderful night we spent watching the rain tumble on the stage. I will never forget it.

2. Post card from Spain
When I was little my great auntie and uncle used to travel to lots of different countries. They would go out of their way to send me a post card from wherever they were - even various parts of the Republic of Ireland. As you can imagine I have 100's of cards but this one has to be my favourite. The bottom of the dress on the female dancer is actually real. You can feel the fabric and lift it up off the card itself. I was fascinated with this as a kid and I still am to this day.

3. Ticket To Hogwarts
I love Harry Potter so when I was in London in 2012 myself and a friend decided that we had to go and see Platform 9 and 3/4 in Kings Cross Station. There is a small souvenir shop that sells lots of items including train tickets. I think it's amazing that I can own a little piece of Harry Potter magic forever. Whenever I look at it I am reminded of the fun that I had on that holiday.

4. Krispy Kreme Donut Bag
Despite having visited America numerous times I had never had a Krispy Kreme donut and this saddened me greatly as I had heard so much about them. When I was in Luton airport awaiting my return flight to Belfast I was overjoyed to see that they had a counter full of donuts. I immediately tried one and have been in love ever since. This bag reminds me of the first ever donut I had from there and I can't bare to part with it.

5. Graduation Card
Back in 2014 I finally finished my degree and graduated with a First Class Honours. I literally couldn't and still can't believe that I managed to achieve the one thing I always wanted. I received this card from all of the wonderful people I worked with on placement and it really touched me, all of their kind words really made it a very special day for me.


There we have it, Five memories from the box that holds items from the years gone by.

What items do you keep in your memory box?


Memories keep our minds alive

No comments:

Post a Comment