My Scooby-Doo Collection and Why I Love It!


Scooby Doo, DVDS, Cuddly Toy

I have loved Scooby-Doo since I was a little girl. Mostly because my mum loved it when she was a little girl and she passed the love onto me. Even now that I am 24 years old, I still love it and often find myself watching the cartoon series over and over.

Over recent years I decided that I wanted to start collecting as many Scooby-Doo DVDS as possible, whether it be the cartoons or the live action movies, although I have to say I tend to favour the cartoons. I do have to say however, the DVDS pictured aren't all of the DVDs that I have in the collection, a more modern release - Scooby-Doo and The Legend of The Vampire - the live action movies and a Scooby-Doo Compliation where he meets Batman- one episode features in the Scooby-Doo Movies - are currently residing at my aunties house as I don't have the space in my room currently, to store all of my DVDs - I have a rather large collection!

Scooby Doo, DVD, Cartoon, Classics

1. Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf
As this is one of the full length movies from 1988 and it only features Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy from the original gang. It follows the adventures of trying to win a vampire road race in order to turn Shaggy back into his human form. It is well worth a watch. Full of laughs and giggles for all of the family.

2. Scooby-Doo and The Ghoul School
This is another Scooby movie from 1988 and gain it features Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy. Shaggy becomes an exercise teacher at a finishing school for young ghouls and as you can tell there are lots of hilarious things that go wrong from the beginning in true Scooby-Doo style. I enjoy watching this movie and it makes me smile everytime.

3. Scooby-Doo and The Boo Brothers
A 1987 classic and what is my personal favourite of the full length movies I own. Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy feature again as seems to be the theme in the feature lengths. Shaggy has inherited money from his Uncle and travels to the mansion to collect it. He has to employ three ghosts to ensure the place remains ghoul free. The puzzle solving and hilarious antics that happen between the ghosts and the main characters make this a true gem for me.

4. The New Scooby-Doo Movies - Volume 1
The next generation of Scooby-Doo episodes that aired in 1973 where called The New Scooby-Doo movies. These followed the success of The What's New Scooby Doo movies which are hard to get on DVD. The collection of episodes which all featured guest stars have been packaged together on DVD for everyone to enjoy. Some episodes such as those with the Adams Family haven't been included due to legal issues but there are some great episodes included. One of the Batman episodes I already own on a separate Batman compilation but you can never have too many Scooby-Doo DVDs sure.

5. Scooby-Doo Where Are You? The Complete First & Second Season
These are the first two seasons of the show that began airing in 1969. The first incarnation of the show for me is one of the best. I love the adventures that the gang get up to and for me these series really never get old. I can watch them over and over and fall in love with them from a fresh perspective every single time.

I am always on the look out for more DVDs that I can buy. When I was a kid I had lots of episodes on VHS - even some that wont be put on DVD in the near future due to legal arguments - which I am going to have to hunt out at some point.

Scooby Doo, Cuddly Toy, Stuffed, USA

I also feel very lucky to have been able to pick up this giant Scooby-Doo toy when I visited Universal Studios in Florida over ten years ago. He has been well looked after and looks as good as he did the day I bought him. He was a struggle to get home on the plane - as you can imagine he didn't fit in the suitcase, so I had to carry him on board in a black bin bag, I got no looks whatsoever! Scooby and Shaggy where also two characters that I was photographed with when I was at Universal. I know for some it sounds stupid as it's all put on for the tourists but it will always remain a magical experience for me as my love for Scooby grows as I get older.

My obsession has been around for a long time. When I was the age where it was more acceptable to receive Easter eggs I once got a Scooby-Doo one. It came with a large mug that had his face all over it. I still have it and use it to this day and I always have a cuppa tea with a giant smile on my face.

Scooby-Doo fills me with happiness and can make any dull day bright. With some people Disney can do that and don't get me wrong Disney makes me very happy inside - I will never forget visiting Disney World in Florida - but there is a part of me that will always have a preference for this clumsy big Great Dane. I think it also comes from my love of dogs!!


I don't know about you but a big dog solving mysteries with his best friend - what could be better than that!


Do you love Scooby-Doo?



Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?


No comments:

Post a Comment