Make-Up Revolution Iconic Smokey Palette


Make-Up Revolution Palette 1
Make-Up Revolution Palette 2
Make-Up Revolution Palette 3

I was wondering around Superdrug the other day - which can be a very dangerous thing - and I came across the Make-Up Revolution stand. Now I have tried a product of theirs before which was their face base and all in all I really like it. 

I saw that they had a wide selection of eyeshadow palettes at very affordable prices and I decided to pick one up - not that I needed it but I was feeling spendy as my birthday is coming up.

I decided to go for the Iconic Smokey Palette at the very pleasing price of £6. This seemed like a bargain to me and I was very excited to get it home so that I could have a good play with it.

When I opened it the first thing that I noticed was the packaging was beautiful. It is a slim-line shiny black case which is very sleak. The size of this packaging would make it ideal for travelling, as it can be easily placed into your hand luggage without any fuss. The next thing that I noticed was the huge mirror that came with it. Now normally, I really don't mind if my palette has a mirror or not. For me if the product is good and at a reasonable price I really don't expect there to be a mirror as well but with this you get a rather large one. Despite there being a mirror the product itself is still rather lightweight.

Make-Up Revolution Palette 4

Now, on to the good stuff, the eyeshadows. You get 12 eyeshadows in this palette and I would say that they were of a decent size, I have had no problem getting my brushes into the pans to lift the colour out. The shade range is beautiful, the light shimmery shades are perfect for a day when you don't want much colour but there are darker mattes included to achieve that perfect smokey eye effect. 

These eyeshadows are creamy and very blendable. I love how they look on the eye. I haven't tried all of the colours yet but I have tried a few of the shimmers and the matte brown. I am particularly impressed with the matte brown shade, the pigmentation was beautiful and it didn't look to flat on the eye either.

The other thing that impressed me was the quality of the brush that came along with the palette. Normally the brushes with palettes in this kind of price range are sponges and in my opinion not very good for what you want to do. This brush is actually a brush and the small rounded end is the perfect size for blending out colour in the crease. It is also so soft and easy to work with.

Overall I think that this palette is worth every penny at £6. What you get for the money is remarkable. I will definitely be going back to Make-Up Revolution to see what else they have to offer.

Have you tried any Make-Up Revolution products?


Bargains are always my favourite kind of finds


No comments:

Post a Comment