L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay is Extraordinary


L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay System

When I first heard about the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay range I was very excited. The thought that there was a shampoo dedicated to someone with oily roots and dry ends was perfect for me as that's exactly what I have.

The ethos behind this new range is that it uses the three step system to absorb the roots of oil whilst infusing the ends with the moisture that they need for 72 hours. It uses three refined clays in order to do this 'extraordinary' claim and believe it or not it actually works.

I begin with the pre-shampoo masque as directed to do so. I find that using little amounts of this and spreading it through the roots of your hair works very well. Using large amounts at once makes it more difficult to distribute and you want it to be even to allow the maximum amount of oil to be absorbed before moving onto the shampoo stage. Leave this for five minutes and then wash out thoroughly.

L'Oreal Extraordinary Pre-Shampoo Masque

I was quite surprised with this clay masque. It wasn't anywhere near as thick or as heavy as I was expecting it to be and I was quite worried that because my hair is bleached to a very white blonde colour, that the green of the mask would transfer. I was very happy to find that it didn't transfer any colour and didn't leave any kind of residue at all.

I then followed this step with the shampoo and conditioner which are again very light and lather very quickly, making for a speedy process. It is best to massage this into the scalp of your very wet hair. I like to run some of the lather through my ends before I wash it out.

For me the biggest test with this system was whether or not it would actually work. I have to admit that it did! My hair normally gets very greasy within one to two days of me washing it meaning I usually have to wash it at the end of the second day. This can be a nightmare as it's not always practical and as I have very coloured hair it doesn't help with keeping the blonde looking as fresh as I want. Using this new clay system means that I can get three to three and half days out of my hair and that's a reason to rejoice if I have ever heard one. It also has the most delicious smell I have ever smelt with a shampoo range - I just adore it more and more every time I use it.

There is a dry-shampoo in this range that is formulated with clays also but I didn't pick this up as I already had a dry shampoo on the go. I did however, manage to pick up these three items for £10 from Boots and I believe this offer is still on.

I would recommend this range for anybody with oily roots and drier ends. It does exactly what it says on the tin and provides us girls with these problems exactly the kind of care we need for our hair. It is always so great when we find things that work isn't it!


Yay for the clay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment