Adult Colouring - I'm Obsessed

 
Colouring Pencils
 
 Colouring was always something that interested me from when I was little. I like the creativity and relaxation that it promotes within me. It allows me to get lost in a world of my own which is something that can be hard to find in this busy day & age.

I had been rambling on at my friends for months about how I wanted to give adult colouring a go when for Christmas I received a beautiful colouring book full of cats & dogs - how very fitting - and some truly special coloured pens. I couldn't wait to get started colouring in whether it be with pens or pencils.

From that moment, I have been gathering a small selection of colouring books - each with their own beautiful pieces within for me to bring to life with the colours of my choice.

Raining Cats & Dogs Colouring Book


The Books

1. Raining Cats & Dogs
2. Harry Potter Colouring Book
3. Millie Marotta's Tropical Wonderland: A Colouring Book Adventure
4. Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom - A Colouring Book Adventure


Animal Kingdom Colouring Book


I highly recommend all of these books, they each hold something unique within in every page. Being a huge Harry Potter fan means that the second book in my list pleases the part of me which will never let dear old HP out of my system. 

Harry Potter Colouring Book


I do have to say though that the last two books draw me in time and time again. The feel of the books and the way that they have been put together allow me to immediately become relaxed and immersed within the world that Millie Marotta has created before I have even put a pencil to paper. I especially like that she has left areas blank for you to draw your own patterns if you want to. It allows you to unleash that creative side of you and see what you can do, or you can simply colour in the patterns the way she has created them, which I tend to do.

Tropical Wonderland Colouring Book


Do you like to colour? Are there are books that you recommend?


Colouring Calms The Mind


No comments:

Post a Comment