Blogging 'Things' I Should Do But I Don't


Blogging Fails

I think it's safe to say that we all have pre-conceived ideas about what bloggers should and shouldn't be doing behind the scenes. 

I know that before I really got into blogging more definitely and adding to this little space of mine I really had no idea what on earth it took to keep a social media area active and constantly be uploading consistently interesting and well put together content.

From reading through lots of posts by bloggers that I admire I can see that I don't really do things the way everybody else does - and there really is nothing wrong with that, we all can't be the same.


1. Keeping a notebook with ideas - I am coming down with notebooks but for some reason I struggle to write down ideas in them. I always start little lists but then never look back in them and it really annoys me more than anyone.

2. Using a dairy/journal - This is something that I have wanted to be good at since I was at school but I am hopeless. I really want to try a Bullet Journal but I have a fear it will be started and I wont continue it.

3. Always Scheduling Posts In Advance - Sometimes I am very on the ball and have my posts scheduled weeks in advance but other times I am doing - like right now - them the night before they are due to be up, which isn't always the best way to be doing things at all is it.

4. Keeping An Eye On My Stats - I write them down monthly so I can compare how I am doing with my blog each month but other than that I don't really check them very often. I try not to let it stress me out because I don't want to become statistic focused with my content, I want it to be full of things I enjoy writing.

5. Taking Blog Pictures In Bulk - I always seem to take each picture as I need it which does work out most of the time but there can be times - such as now - where it's late at night, i'm trying to prepare tomorrow's post and I don't have the lights in order to take the clear pictures that I need. I should be more organised shouldn't I.

6. Prepare Points For Each Post - I am the kind of person who tends to write what is floating around in their head and luckily it all comes out making perfect sense. It always has done even when I was writing my A-Level English Literature papers. I know I should prepare and make notes on what I want to say in my posts - but really why bother when I can just go with the flow.

7. Having A Checklist For Each Post - Again, I know I should be more organised and have a checklist for the things I need to go through once each post is finished but I really don't. I know I have to link it on Twitter and Facebook and have these scheduled but everything else I just do naturally as I go along. I tend to get myself into a pattern of doing things and it sticks.

8. Promote My Posts Enough - I always have this fear that I am going to annoy people with constant links and promotion of my posts so I usually do about 1-2 a day on Twitter and Facebook. I should probably be doing more promotion but alas I guess I worry too much.


So there we have it. The blogging 'things' that I should be doing but I don't. Are there any of these that you aren't doing? Any tips for helping me start to do them?


We all have things we should be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment