Foods I Love To Eat Over Christmas


Holly Berries from Unsplash

Christmas is that time of the year where all the most wonderful foods come out and we get to enjoy them without feeling guilty. It's that time of year where what we should eat goes out the window and it is very quickly and suitably replaced with what we want to eat.

I thought that I would list some of the foods that I love to eat - well at anytime of the year - but especially at Christmas.

Cheese and Biscuits
Christmas is the one time of the year where you get those big boxes of crackers and special cheese boards. For me there really is nothing better and it makes me happy to sit down and eat away at lots of different cheeses and various biscuits.

Cocktail Sausages
Who doesn't love a cocktail sausage? I mean they tiny little bundles of joy and it always seems - well in my house anyway - that Christmas is the only time of the year when we get to eat them. My mum found an amazing recipe for a sticky glaze to put on them and that makes them even better.

Glazed Ham
What is is about a glazed ham that makes the world seem that much better. I love a ham - gammon joint - at most times of the year but my mum has this special glaze that her father gave to her and it makes everything just that much better. The sweetness of the glaze mixed with the saltiness of the ham is truly the most delicious thing ever.

Mince Pies with Whipped Cream
I haven't always been a big fan of mince pies but when my mum started making her own I realised just how delicious they are. My favourite way of enjoying them is when they have been slightly heated and there is a big dollop of whipped cream on the side.

Strawberry Dreams from The Roses Tin
My favourite chocolates from all of the tins that are available at this time of year has to be the Strawberry Dreams. I know many people don't like them but for me they are the best. I always pick them out and then eat through the rest that I can eat slowly. I am now very excited that they come in their own bag.

There we have it some of the foods that I love to enjoy over the festive period. Are there any foods that you love to eat at this time of the year?


Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment