Make-Up Revolution Ultra Face Base Foundation Review


Make-Up Revolution Ultra Face Base Foundation


I love trying out new foundations - I never tend to stick to the same ones over and over again as I always think there are new things out there for me to try. 
This was why when I saw the Make-Up Revolution Face Base Foundation at the amazing price of £3 I thought I would pick it up and give it a go.

First things first this foundation comes in 11 different shades so it seems to me like there will be a suitable colour for all complexions. I am particularly pale and wear the shade FB - 02 which is a pink toned foundation. 

I tend to like foundations with a full coverage and although this one starts out as light to medium it is definitely worth adding a few more layers to getting the coverage you want. Don't be worried though, it is not heavy on the skin and blends in so well that it is hardly noticeable. It feels very moisturising and does not cling to any areas around the face that you wouldn't want it to - such as the nose.

It claims to be 'ultra long lasting'. I wouldn't know about 'ultra' but it does last a lot longer than I was expecting it to - through some pretty rough weather conditions. I also totally forgot I was wearing it which doesn't usually happen with me and foundation, so I see this as a huge plus.

Another great quality that I have found with this foundation, is that it is suitable for all skin types - my skin can be quite sensitive at times but it loves this foundation. It does not react and it simple lets it absorb into the skin so it looks beautifully flawless and natural.

Where the packaging is concerned it is a soft squeezy bottle, which is relatively flat. I know many people would feel that this kind of packaging would mean that it feels cheap - and at £3 are we really going to argue? - but I think that this is a bonus. It means that you can open the packaging up and scrape out the remainder into a pot meaning that nothing is wasted.

For £3 I would definitely give this a go. I picked mine up at Superdrug :)


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think? Let me know :)


Cheap and cheerful but no compromise on quality


6 comments:

  1. Hi Rach! I've just come across your blog through Becky (Blogger & The Geek)'s November Favourites post & I love it! It's so nice to come across another blogger with hypermobility syndrome who also loves makeup. I have only tried the Bourjois Helthy Mix Foundation & the Garnier BB Cream from the drugstore, but would like to try more when I've used up some of my current products. I'll definitely be checking this one out, especially as it has such a wide shade range! Do you find the squeezy tube hurts your hands at all when dispensing product? I struggle with lip balms, but have the NARS Tinted Moisturiser & am fine with that. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania :) Awh thank-you for taking the time to come and visit my blog it means so much to me :) I certainly do love make-up :) I used to use the Bourjois Healthy Mix myself and I really loved it so I can see why you use it :) The wide shade range is particularly handy so you can get the perfect match :) No it's a very soft tube and I find it rather easy to use but then my hand joints are quite strong I tend to have weaker ankles. I haven't tried any Nars products but I really need to soon :) thank-you for your comment :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've never got on with BB creams but this sounds interesting, for £3 I may have to try it out!

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean BB creams are so hit and miss. This has more of a foundation consistency than a BB cream which I like and for £3 is definitely worth trying out :) x

      Delete
  3. Hi Tania :) Awh thank-you for taking the time to come and visit my blog it means so much to me :) I certainly do love make-up :) I used to use the Bourjois Healthy Mix myself and I really loved it so I can see why you use it :) The wide shade range is particularly handy so you can get the perfect match :) No it's a very soft tube and I find it rather easy to use but then my hand joints are quite strong I tend to have weaker ankles. I haven't tried any Nars products but I really need to soon :) thank-you for your comment :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know what you mean BB creams are so hit and miss. This has more of a foundation consistency than a BB cream which I like and for £3 is definitely worth trying out :) x

    ReplyDelete